Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Future Combat game  (Read 9275 times)

DieGrotgedrogte

Future Combat game
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:40:37 pm »

Hey guys!
Before I start, I would like to say that the engine looks great!

I was thinking of a large scale future combat version of Battlefield 2.
There could be two teams, the aliens and the humans. The aliens spawn in a giant carrier in space and the humans down in Earth on military bases. Each team has one player commander, who builds new buildings and sends orders to the rest of the squads, like in Battlefield.
There would be a singled out territory with certain "objectives" in it, like airfields or shelters and so on. The catch is that the objectives/strategic points have different bonuses to each team. An airfield for the humans would spawn fighter jets, but for the aliens it could be a landing area for cargo. A shelter for the humans would provided them with extra spawn points (Or tickets, like in BF2) but for the aliens, it provides them with a slow income of resources.

The battle would be won by capturing a "final objective" of sorts, for the humans this could be a spaceport, which would allow them to launch a shuttle to the alien carrier and fight it out there. For the aliens this could be a massive tunnel entrance, which allows them to fight in the underground human city.
The gaps would be filled with bots, and the players would all focus on the main points, so that would be the space problem solved. Dropships and helicopters would ferry players between points.

Just chucking this idea here, what do you guys think?

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Future Combat game
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »

Sounds like a good idea.  The idea of combat sims has been brought up before, and I think it would be a nice way to use the engine.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Future Combat game
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 03:11:33 am »

This could be good, in BF the area was too small for such aircraft fun. Here you can get lost easily in the big world; the gameplay can initially include scouting the area for positions of enemy bases and strategic points.

We are planning to make a single player game with similar motive (aliens, giant space carrier etc) but positioned more as a partisan war against the aliens. But this can be a natural multiplayer extension to it later.

DieGrotgedrogte

Future Combat game
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 09:59:27 am »

That would be awesome.