Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: IITSEC, ISS and DDG-96  (Read 56465 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
IITSEC, ISS and DDG-96
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 08:26:10 am »

Quote from: Tim
For "Serious Gaming" it is better to move as much "intelligence" as possible out of the image generating software into an external host. Even better: use a standard. Check out the Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI) from Boeing (http://cigi.sourceforge.net/)
Thanks, I've looked at it briefly, seems to be fairly easy to implement.

I'm wondering what other such standards exists and what representation on the market they have got. We will be probably implementing some such interface soon as there are some customers and academic projects that would like to use Outerra as an image generator already. Obviously we'd like to pick one standard that would cover most of them in the future.

Does something equivalent to Simconnect exist as an open standard?

tknudsen

IITSEC, ISS and DDG-96
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2010, 05:49:29 pm »

This is awsome, is there any way this could even be a flightsimulator once? If so, my dreams will be fullfilled.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
IITSEC, ISS and DDG-96
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 11:14:52 pm »

Quote from: tknudsen
This is awsome, is there any way this could even be a flightsimulator once? If so, my dreams will be fullfilled.

Please, Please, Please read some of the posts in this forum before asking really simple answered years ago questions.. And welcome to the forums..
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
IITSEC, ISS and DDG-96
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 05:19:57 pm »

That is stunning. The water environment looks really impressive. In the second video, the water looks natural and real. I like especially the white foam on the waves.

Im looking forward to the progress of the water environment! I think the Outerra engine is the best solution for a Martime Simulation. Because the engine is not restricted to small areas. Outerra looks much better than VStep's ShipSimulator (based on the Quest).

Best Regards
Marko

Seth

IITSEC, ISS and DDG-96
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 09:52:21 am »

Quote from: cshawnsmith
Bleh, the internet hates me tonight.  Keeps eating my posts ...

And for my part, I'd love to see a circa 1600s-1800s sailing vessel ... perhaps the HMS Beagle :D  Or an old Viking ship.

Or hell, how about one of the $50 fishing boats you can buy at a local Walmart :p  Imagine how long it would take to travel the Atlantic in one of those hehe.

I would like to see this too.
I know what it does, not how it does it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]