Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Battlefield 3 epic failure  (Read 19216 times)

[deleted]

Battlefield 3 epic failure
« on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:27 pm »

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Re: Battlefield 3 epic failure
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:46:34 pm »

"The author of this Reddit post got in touch yesterday with links to hacker forum discussions revealing exploits that would trick Punkbuster into ejecting honest players."  Punkbuster has been kicking people from servers for no reason for years: I know that firsthand from my experience with BF 2142.  The temporary solution DICE offers is a good one: don't play on servers with Punkbuster.  If the article mentions that patience with BF3 is wearing thin, it fails to mention that people are losing patience with MW3 far more rapidly.  From what I understand, at least DICE listens to feedback from the BF3 community.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

SpaceFlight

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:35:34 pm »

Probably more a problem with "Punkbuster".
http://www.enterbf3.com/news/703-hackers-banning-legitimate-player-accounts/

BF3 itself is ridiculously fun if you ask me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:48:37 pm by SpaceFlight »
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »

I blame Punkbuster.  It banned me from BF:Heroes even though I hadn't played in like a year or two.  I don't mind though because in the closed beta it was actually pretty fun, but near the end of the beta of course EA had to go and make it pay to win, so I bailed out right there.  :-\  It's still pay to win.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Jagerbomber

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 07:00:54 pm »

Oh and speaking of battlefield, here's the top 10 submissions for the "Only In BF3" contest.
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/only-in-battlefield3

I really should try out disabling my HUD next time I get back to my desktop.  :P  8)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

[deleted]

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:25:59 am »

First: the hackers can ban anyone, not only who plays in pb servers, first.
Second: dice doesn't listen to the community. During beta they said it was already better, but no, it's worse. No more terrain deformation ? That was a big fail, and instead of fixing it they bring it out.
Then about mp: I have to say the truth, it's a joke. Still full of hackers  (not only aimbots, there are also hackers with radar, no recoil hacks etc. which you can't notice and then what ?
ALSO WORST PART. Weapons are too unbalanced, SERIOUSLY ? They can track your jet, helicopter from ru to us base and you can't FLY.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:05:42 pm by secret1962 »

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:58:16 am »

First: the hackers can ban anyone, not only who plays in pb servers, first.
The sources linked to on this page beg to differ.
Second: dice doesn't listen to the community. During beta they said it was already better, but no, it's worse. No more terrain deformation ? That was a big fail, and instead of fixing it they bring it out.
Hardly a big fail, more like a temporary removal of a feature.  Destructible environment still looks awesome.
Then about mp: I have to say the truth, it's a fuc@@ng joke. Still full of hackers  (not only aimbots, there are also hackers with radar, no recoil hacks etc. which you can't notice and then what ? Then much rage.
ALSO WORST PART. Weapons are too fu@@ing unbalanced, SERIOUSLY ? They can track your jet, helicopter from ru to us base and you can't FU@@ING FLY.
I think ******* joke describes MW3 MP at present.  There are plenty of YouTube videos with people complaining about the Type 95 and FMG9 akimbo.  Then of course, there's Robert Bowling and his claims of no Last Stand.  It's there, it's just called Final Stand now.  Worse, if you check LeftyOX's latest videos, it appears the multi-proficiency glitch may be back.  To my knowledge, the only unbalanced weapons in BF3 are the AA vehicles and the Javelin-SOFLAM combo: the Javelin should be getting fixed soon.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

Jagerbomber

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 11:44:42 am »

And the FAMAS.  That thing is stupidly OP and broken.  It's funny because Demize99, "Core Gameplay Designer on Battlefield 3," said that himself in a tweet and I definitely agree... but he's not doing BF3 anymore apparently for whatever reason.  :-\

The USAS w/ frag rounds seems pretty OP as well and generally can be annoying as hell.  It's by far got the most complaints on the forums right now.

Also, lol...
asd81_ Andreas Skoglund
#DICE anti-cheat initiative is looking for new smart people: bit.ly/Al5bs3

RaikoRaufoss

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 12:08:48 pm »

USAS-12 with frag rounds... forgot about that, thanks.  As for the FAMAS, it struck me as having a lot of recoil without suppressor and grip, limiting its range.  Alan Kurtz (is that how his name is spelled?) only said it was a bit overpowered.  Also, from what I've learned, not everyone thinks it's overpowered.  Give this a look:
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

Jagerbomber

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 12:10:16 pm »

lol "bit" with a lot of "i"s means more than just a bit.  :P  I've been playing a lot lately, unfortunately on console because I've been away from my desktop, and it is definitely OP to go against.  It seems like you have practically no chance of winning 1 on 1.

Oh... New PB version.  Update to it.
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-bf3.php
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:14:44 pm by Jagerbomber »

[deleted]

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 12:18:18 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:06:40 pm by secret1962 »

RaikoRaufoss

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »

Topic unlocked after review.  The reason I locked the topic was because I felt it was getting too heated.  At this point, I'd have to say that the FAMAS being OP at least is subjective.  I understand the admiration of simulators-I play one myself-but the simulators too have their own problems-I'm not convinced that the new wider dispersion of the Bofors L/70 gun in the simulator I play is realistic, since 1/4 or more shots are missing from 1000 meters out.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:06:33 pm by RaikoRaufoss »
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

Jagerbomber

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 09:55:23 pm »

Aw Raiko can't take the heat.  8)

RaikoRaufoss

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »

Aw Raiko can't take the heat.  8)
I've resigned my moderator position, since what I think needs moderating and what the rest of the team thinks needs moderating do not match.  Odds are I'm not showing up here again, since all the ideas I had for Outerra are now exhausted and I've grown tired of simply watching as the community and development passes me by.  The inability of cameni to see this for the taunting that it is has been the last straw for me.  I may return, but it won't be as a moderator.  Congratulations, I hope the community applauds you loud and long.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

Jagerbomber

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 02:21:42 pm »

:o  Wow man.  Sorry about that.  You didn't need to do that.  I was just messing around.  Hope you come back sometime.
Pages: [1] 2