Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New builder  (Read 29493 times)

angrypig

New builder
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:37:41 am »

Hi guys, it is some time we have shown a video from the development. It is because we are working hard towards the release. One of the major tasks is the user interface, all our beta testers know that working with the scene editor in current version is pain. Still i was very surprised that even with this let say "very limited" functionality, some people were able to build a pretty scenery or record a beautiful video. So here are two short videos that show the latest version of the user interface for scene editing. It is not finished yet, i am currently working on the road editor and after i finish it, i'm going to make a video with road editing too.

[deleted]

Re: New builder
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:10:35 am »

The user interface is already cool, let us play it =_=

TheSquiffy

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:20:03 am »

damn.....  this is killing us ...... :-)

you're coding really cool stuff guys.

sq.

monks

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 11:25:40 am »

Great job guys! looking awesome.

monks

DoobZilla

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 11:36:21 am »

I've been following this for quite some time and I must say that you guys continually amaze me with everything that you are doing. Keep up the fantastic work, and here's to hoping that you guys get filthy rich off of this!

Flavien

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:36:49 pm »

Damn ! You're playing us :p
It's so hard to wait :D
It will be the better game of the year, even without being a game >.<
French guy, sorry for some language mistake ^^

Jagerbomber

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 01:29:57 pm »

Oh wait... The new trees aren't ready yet?  Aw oh well.  Still can't wait for a usable UI.  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Matt6767

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 01:42:50 pm »

It looks great!

Spudly

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 03:21:31 pm »

Wow, this is epic! Well done!

rubbish

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 08:50:55 pm »

I. Want. To. Plaaaay wiiith iiiiiit  :(

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 01:47:21 am »

Good Work!

Now we just need more stuff to spawn.

EDIT.. I'm a bit confused to whether the exit on top closes that toolbar or the entire game. Will that menu be persistent on top or will it autohide or be toggle-able with a keybind?

I also put in my vote for some sort of picture taking mode. Hiding all Hud elements and even if it brought up DSLR style options for white balance, Fstop, focal length and shutter speed. It could be a photography simulator on top of everything else!

Chopper up to the top of Everest to setup a tripod and snap some lovely sunset shots. Screenshot keys are soooooo last decade.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:16:29 am by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 06:30:19 am »

I also put in my vote for some sort of picture taking mode. Hiding all Hud elements and even if it brought up DSLR style options for white balance, Fstop, focal length and shutter speed. It could be a photography simulator on top of everything else!

Chopper up to the top of Everest to setup a tripod and snap some lovely sunset shots. Screenshot keys are soooooo last decade.

Just thinking, having whyte the photo-capability to enhance it by the capability to do snapshots in :"normal screen", "widescreen", "panorama" from 2 frames to full 360 degrree and an "panoramio" 360 in all three axis ... Would be an interesting feature in Outerra, as in its explore-capabilities for gamers, and/or presentation for game-modellers and developers.

P.S.: Werry nice progres, I like the editor. Will there be ewen an option to change the scale of modells (whyte showing the actual ratio of the scale to orginal one| ?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:37:31 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 02:17:41 pm »

Nope.  :-\
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 03:36:05 pm »

Oh. My. Unholy. Lord.
Now THAT is fucking awesome!

Let's be honest - the GUI seems pretty easy to use, which is the big part of the fun.
The other, equally big part of the fun is THE DETAIL - wow, Skyrim can now [...]...

Thank you for giving me yet another sleepless night - although, a REALLY sleepless night has yet to come with public demo...
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

angrypig

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 06:14:45 am »

Oh wait... The new trees aren't ready yet?  Aw oh well.  Still can't wait for a usable UI.  ;D

Trees are not ready yet but i am thinking about to put them into final release version anyway but you will have to enable them in options as WIP stuff. I am still not satisfied with the performance, but I have a few ideas how to improve it, it should add 20-30% in theory.

Now we just need more stuff to spawn.

Importer is not ready yet and won't  be finished to release. But it should be available in one of the next updates. This is important feature for us but it also puts some requirements on the engine that we have to solve first, like the package management and texture management which is not very efficient now.

EDIT.. I'm a bit confused to whether the exit on top closes that toolbar or the entire game. Will that menu be persistent on top or will it autohide or be toggle-able with a keybind?

This exit closes the game. There is missing button, something like a resume game. This toolbar window is open only when you are in editing mode. It is our sandbox editor but in this case the sandbox word is not very appropriate. :)

Just thinking, having whyte the photo-capability to enhance it by the capability to do snapshots in :"normal screen", "widescreen", "panorama" from 2 frames to full 360 degrree and an "panoramio" 360 in all three axis ... Would be an interesting feature in Outerra, as in its explore-capabilities for gamers, and/or presentation for game-modellers and developers.

Hmmm, such simulator/features need a lot of stuff we don't have yet, like depth of field, for example. But it is very good idea, such features can be reused in the video recorder later and used to improve our presentation videos. :)

Let's be honest - the GUI seems pretty easy to use, which is the big part of the fun.
The other, equally big part of the fun is THE DETAIL - wow, Skyrim can now [...]...

That is exactly what we want and main reason of release delay. I don't want to scare people with a terrible UI in the first public version....

Thank you for giving me yet another sleepless night - although, a REALLY sleepless night has yet to come with public demo...

I so sorry for your insomnia, we probably should not have published anything until release. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3