Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New builder  (Read 29448 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: New builder
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 07:04:34 am »

I so sorry for your insomnia, we probably should not have published anything until release. ;)

Its good for critics and improwement, just do your fun work and dont mind us going crazy about. Going to sleep into the Outerra and getting waked up, in the middle of orbit re-entry, or caucasus mountain fly-by, trying figure out, where the hell that ringing clock just spawned is our chalenge to fight. : P 
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 07:49:19 am »

I so sorry for your insomnia, we probably should not have published anything until release. ;)

NAH!
Sleep is for pussies. I do not tend to sleep a lot anyway. (at least now)

Will these props be destroyable in real-time sometime in the future?
I think I saw that you said the engine allows for something like that...
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

pico

• http://
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 06:16:20 am »

I would find it very useful to have a Grid. Once for move a Object and for turn it around.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 07:30:24 am »

The grid would have to be oriented first, probably by specifying two points.
And for the rotation - you mean to rotate in fixed steps (like 45° or 90°)? For that there could be a modifier key.

pico

• http://
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 07:45:12 am »

Yes, another interesting thing is to copy a whole villages and paste it to another place.

angrypig

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 07:47:10 am »

Yes, another interesting thing is to copy a whole villages and paste it to another place.

We plan group selection/operations but it won't be in first release...

Abc94

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 07:37:58 pm »

Wow!  I really like the look of the new GUI!

It's exceptionally good for two people who aren't GUI artists... :P
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 08:55:32 pm »

Hmm... copying and pasting multiple objects could have some issues (understatement lol).  Probably the best and most commonly used way (by the player) would be to have the pasted objects be the same, as the crow flies, distance apart while being placed on the new ground without modifying the new ground surface so you don't have stuff dug into the ground or have ground spiking upwards at all.  But some people might also want to copy the elevation changes that are in the selected area (for what reasons exactly, I'm not sure yet), but when that gets pasted, that pasted selected area still might need to be adjusted to the elevation of the new location so again it doesn't drastically dig into the ground or pop way out above the ground.  So somehow the engine would have to save the elevation changes in the selected area without pasting at the same elevation as the original.  I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how hard that would be to do of course, nor if the engine is currently capable of doing that. I'm thinking it can though.  I guess this having 2 (or more) options for copying and pasting multiple things is just an idea/suggestion really. :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:03:02 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

BlankCache

• Transporter
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 11:47:07 pm »

Just wondering if any of you guys who are testing this ever tried to put the red barrels into the back of the truck? Just a thought...
Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 01:14:40 am »

Not sure that's really possible at the moment since I believe you can only place them on the ground.  Haven't tried to do that though.  I'm pretty sure there aren't any physics for the barrel anyways.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 02:23:16 am »

Just wondering if any of you guys who are testing this ever tried to put the red barrels into the back of the truck? Just a thought...

Barrels are static, vehicles (unless you choose the static models) are not.  To my knowledge, you can't place a "static" Tatra in the engine, though you can with the Cessna, Apache, and ISS.

Theoretically, you can put a barrel on the solar panel of the ISS ... but I'd fear for the astronaut's lives :D
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

BlankCache

• Transporter
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 04:58:21 pm »

Barrels are static, vehicles (unless you choose the static models) are not.  To my knowledge, you can't place a "static" Tatra in the engine, though you can with the Cessna, Apache, and ISS.

Theoretically, you can put a barrel on the solar panel of the ISS ... but I'd fear for the astronaut's lives :D

Darn . I was thinking it would be cool to load up something and take it along for the ride to make it all a little "simmy" , thanks for the input fellas.
Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.

AnonImplied

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 10:35:18 pm »

Whoa! This is starting to shape up very nicely! Long time lurker first time poster here. I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic but has you guys released a video on terrain editing? Is it WYSIWYG? or do you have to re-calculate? I'm not sure that's the right word for it in this instance. I've seen the road editing videos and the terrain reshapes it's elevation to the angle and sometimes height of the road.

It would be nice to see a video of the terrain editing tools(if they are too early to be shown I can understand). I know you guys know about Eric Bruneton's engine that is supposed to be based on the same papers but leans towards the more realistic. Thanks for your time and keep up the awesome work!  :D

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 10:41:34 pm »

Whoa! This is starting to shape up very nicely! Long time lurker first time poster here. I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic but has you guys released a video on terrain editing? Is it WYSIWYG? or do you have to re-calculate? I'm not sure that's the right word for it in this instance. I've seen the road editing videos and the terrain reshapes it's elevation to the angle and sometimes height of the road.

It would be nice to see a video of the terrain editing tools(if they are too early to be shown I can understand). I know you guys know about Eric Bruneton's engine that is supposed to be based on the same papers but leans towards the more realistic. Thanks for your time and keep up the awesome work!  :D

Currently there are no terrain editing tools, although with a bit of enterprising effort, you can do some basics.  But that feature is planned, but won't be along for a bit.  It'll probably be very modest in approach once the Anteworld game is released to do minor things (the game will need it anyway), and then be expanded later on.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 11:10:11 pm »

Actually the road/pad editor essentially IS terrain editing. It just makes bits flat and changes the texture. On of the best parts about OT is that nearly everything COULD be made by just deforming the terrain.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo
Pages: 1 [2] 3