Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 946792 times)

ben1101

Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2012, 04:56:40 pm »

Hi, Just wondering if or how to import flightgear aircraft (running JBSim) into the game, can this option be made up if not already possible??

Would be great imo.

Also, how do I delete unwanted vehicle spawns that I have screwed up by crashing/ putting the vehicle into an unusable state ie. Heli upside down underground.

Would be good to be able to delete them.
Ben
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:59:41 pm by ben1101 »
Helicopters and the other stuff that there is around this place. And pizza.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2012, 05:03:39 pm »

It should be possible to import them once the importer is released, provided the models are in Collada format.

It's not possible to delete the vehicles at the moment, but you can get the heli/plane back to usable state by pressing ~ key, and setting altitude/speed/heading there.

Kospy

« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2012, 02:26:11 am »

It's possible to use the "walk" mode in the demo ? I see the keyboard shortcut (jump, forward, etc...), but I can't find where activate it.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2012, 03:20:27 am »

It's key 8 for a fixated guy :)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2012, 03:26:28 am »

It's possible to use the "walk" mode in the demo ? I see the keyboard shortcut (jump, forward, etc...), but I can't find where activate it.

If you purchased the beta you can press "8" to spawn inside a rough humanoid model and walk around in the "advanced jumping simulator" if you didn't pay I am afraid your stuck with only the ability to fly like a superhero. ;(
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2012, 04:06:00 am »

Its more fun if you pay for access to all the other stuff too. And on top of that we can get angrypig working around the clock  ;D

The more money Outerra team gets the more they can flick off their boring day-jobs.. all good I say  8)

And - excuse me - for just 15 $ it's a gift for the whole excellent stuff!  :)
Resident of Outerra

Sneaky

« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2012, 04:50:46 am »

This is insane and absolutely amazing, my brain is exploding, there are so many possibilities with this. Keep it up, one day a great game will be made out of this :)

Tribs

« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2012, 07:26:48 am »

Wow, just wow. I can't believe my eyes and ears. Absolutely fantastic work you guys are doing here.

I downloaded the demo, gave it a spin and it worked no problems. I immediately paid the $15, to help support your efforts.

I'd love to see a game come of this tech.

Allen Bajrovic

« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2012, 10:48:53 am »

Attached .

FSFLIGHT

« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2012, 05:16:01 pm »

Did you make any progress getting the ISS to show as a vehicle rather than an object?

angrypig

« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2012, 05:23:44 pm »

Did you make any progress getting the ISS to show as a vehicle rather than an object?

Yes, the ISS is mapped on 2 as "dynamic" object in the latest version.

FSFLIGHT

« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2012, 07:09:45 pm »

Thanks just saw that in the latest patch notes.

jt

« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2012, 12:31:12 am »

Certainly a cool engine and concept. However, it is odd to read that a perk of spending $15 on the unfinished game is, "You will also become our beta-testers, with ability to influence the priorities of the development." I.e., In exchange for paying the company, you get to work for the company. An interesting theory of labor that makes slavery look like a bargain.

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2012, 01:04:57 am »

Certainly a cool engine and concept. However, it is odd to read that a perk of spending $15 on the unfinished game is, "You will also become our beta-testers, with ability to influence the priorities of the development." I.e., In exchange for paying the company, you get to work for the company. An interesting theory of labor that makes slavery look like a bargain.

It's the Indy Development Model, and no different than Minecraft.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2012, 01:14:01 am »

I know where you're coming from with that, but I would say it's certainly not like that and not meant to be like that.  I forget exactly which indie game it was that made it kind of sound a bit iffy at least with their advertisment about it.  Was it Blacklight Retribution or something like that?  I can't remember right now. 

What this is is more like Minecraft's alpha/beta development, but with more user/fan input including just suggestions.  These 2 guys can't do something of this scale completely on their own.  Also, there are many many people out there who love doing stuff like this - sims, 3D modeling, vehicle physics, etc - for a hobby.  Hell that's how Outerra started out isn't it?  You know people actually find game development fun?  Games wouldn't exist if nobody did.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:17:18 am by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36