Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 946898 times)

colinmcr

Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2012, 10:24:53 am »

Really like what you guys are doing here keep up the awesome work.
Quick question, is there any other payment method other than Paypal planned soon? I'd love to purchase for $15 but I don't use Paypal.

Thanks

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2012, 10:32:08 am »

You can use credit/debet cards there without having a PayPal account.

colinmcr

« Reply #272 on: March 11, 2012, 11:37:25 am »

You can use credit/debet cards there without having a PayPal account.

As the great Homer Simpson would say D'Oh ! Never spotted it, thanks I'm got it sussed now.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2012, 12:37:18 pm »

lol
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

chromosome24

« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2012, 02:34:28 am »

just got done perusing through the demo.  I have to say I am thoroughly impressed!  great work! cant wait for more.

2Pete

« Reply #275 on: March 12, 2012, 01:46:21 pm »

Hi guys! I tried the demo and purchased the alpha without any doubts. Since that I am flying over the globe, and it is awesome. But... ;D
- I dont find the Palm Tree Islands of Dubai.(but both are on the "g" map) Are the natural islands possible in Outerra only?
- I tried to save a location named "Pic du Midi d'Ossau" (which is a hill in the Pyrennes). I get an error message (I don't remember the exact line but in the end it says "unexpected identifier") I restart the game but all my previously saved locations are gone. I go to the campos/earth directory, and find all the .cam files, the defaults and mines too. Then I delete the last saved cam (the Midi d'Ossau) and the game recognizes the files again.
The problem is the ' characther. If I save a location with that, the game gives the error message, and don't find the cam files.
These two things are not big problems, but good to know, I think.
So, I want to say thank you for your work, and I eagerly wait the rivers and lakes, and the model importer, and the weather, and...  ;)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #276 on: March 12, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »

The palm trees were a mod by the guy who made the screenshot.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

2Pete

« Reply #277 on: March 12, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »

I think some misunderstanding here... ;)
I meant this : http://www.forensicgenealogy.info/contest_293_results.html

Jagerbomber

« Reply #278 on: March 12, 2012, 03:30:29 pm »

Oh ha.  Sorry.  I skimmed through what you wrote and missed the Dubai part.  I know what they are.  :P

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #279 on: March 12, 2012, 05:43:27 pm »

Only the very large manmade structures (Hoover Dam, The Great Pyramids of Egypt) etc, will show up in the terrain data, and even then they're very rough.  Man-made islands would have to be input by hand, I believe.  Also, by the timeline of the Anteworld game, most of these structures would have been washed away by neglect.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

Luis Vargas

« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2012, 02:58:55 am »

By the way, what is the most appropriate modeling tool to be used in Outerra, Blender (freeware) or 3ds Max (payware)? Is there any problem in modeling and exporting using one and importing into the other one and vice-versa (from .dae to .3ds and vice-versa)?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:05:05 am by Luis Vargas »
E8600 3.33 Ghz / GTX570 1280 MB / 4 GB DDR2-800 / SATA2 7200 RPM / PSU Corsair AX850W / Samsung monitor 27" / Windows XP PRO

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2012, 03:30:08 am »

Why there should be restrictions to that? The used format of the models is collada. So you can use each tool which is abled to export to that format. I'm using blender and the OT-Team had no problem with integrating these models (check the japanese buildings). I'm not sure but i think the Tatra-Truck was made in 3DS.
There should be no problems. Just export your models to collada. Thats all. 

Luis Vargas

« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2012, 05:48:46 am »

Thanks for the reply. My intention is to use the product that will be most used by the future developer community for Outerra. I'm currently modeling in gmax for FS9 and I will need learn another one, but which one?
E8600 3.33 Ghz / GTX570 1280 MB / 4 GB DDR2-800 / SATA2 7200 RPM / PSU Corsair AX850W / Samsung monitor 27" / Windows XP PRO

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2012, 06:27:16 am »

Why you have to? Gmax has an collada-exporter surely. I can give you some notes about blender
+ speed of development is really high
+ you will get each new feature by downloading a new version (download + unzip, no need of an installer)
+ no pay
+ blender has nearly the same possibilities like 3ds
-> Modeling, Animation, Post Processing, Motion Tracking, Sculpting, Texturing, Image Painting, ...
+ no restrictions in rendersizes
+ many supported formats -> every image format, h264, mpg, avi, ...
+ support for various architectures
+ many tutorials
- for beginners the interface is horrorful, but after understanding the concept its aweful (better then 3ds in my opinion)
- you have to understand model topology for making clean models, in 3ds dont need to

because of the fact that i'm a blenderian, i find more pros then cons. There are more reasons for using or not using it. Its your part to give it a try.

Luis Vargas

« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2012, 11:56:12 am »

Ok, you convinced me. I'll invest in learning Blender. Thank you for your attention and tips.

Let me show you what I consider the best of my works for FS9, the city of music. The project still under construction can be enjoyed on this link http://www.arcspace.com/architects/portzamparc/cidade/cidade.htm

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36