Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 950990 times)

Sam

• nearby
Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #300 on: March 16, 2012, 03:23:56 am »

Damn.. Just missed my chance to strike!
Game over! Return to beginning!  :P  ;D
Resident of Outerra

vitalka

« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2012, 09:16:04 am »

Some evenings I can not отарваться, this best, that I saw in the schedule of creation of the world. A question to developers, whether there will be clouds???

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2012, 01:31:15 pm »

there will climatic data, so i guess there will be also clouds.. of course there will. They are building a world generator. A world without clouds is not really a world generator ;)

fox09

« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2012, 06:39:47 pm »

Well worth the money. I'm looking forward to the progress in the future!

Perhaps I've missed something but in the future will the ground textures depend on the area? Ie in the Grand Canyon the colors will be more red, the forests will be more green, etc..

Jagerbomber

« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2012, 07:07:52 pm »

I believe so eventually, yes, though I don't know if it will be just a grass texture color change at first (very red grass  :P) or if there will be better changes.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

weige

« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2012, 10:28:25 pm »

After the experience, I have to say: Overall, this engine is an epoch-making is the level of progress of human design! Without Borders in the future expectations!

At the same time, I do not quite understand, simple to say the concern is that the Fresnel design eventually be able to complete?

Specifically related to the two small problems:

1) Since we can see the sun on the glass in the AH-64 mapping and environmental reflex (SLR) sphere contour. Why, then, to see less than a real-time environment mapping? Similarly, C-172 fuselage paint surface of this phenomenon. Because the finish is> 0 degrees of 3D objects for real-time environment mapping. To solve this problem, then the backlight shadows on objects (including people) the lack of environmental refraction (objects) will also solve.

2) worry about the performance of the "cloud". Also exists between the cloud and mutual refraction, and the different thickness of the cloud transmittance. At present, the "cloud" also do not see under the premise of worry is normal.

In short, I think, in this atmospheric dust has been such a perfect performance engine in front, these two small problems, eventually should be able to get the perfect solution.

The ideas are just ideas. In the end whether the final perfect solution? Still need the engine designer to answer.

------------------------------------

Po skúsenostiach, musím povedať: Celkovo, tento motor je epochálny je úroveň pokroku ľudského projektu bez hraníc v budúcich očakávaní!

Zároveň si nemyslím, docela pochopiť, jednoducho povedať, problémom je, že konštrukcia Fresnelove nakoniec schopní dokončiť?

Sa konkrétne týka dvoch malých problémov:

1) Vzhľadom k tomu, aby sme mohli vidieť slnka na skle v AH-64 mapovanie a životného prostredia, Reflex (SLR) guľa obrysu. Prečo teda vidieť menej, než v reálnom čase, mapovanie prostredia? Podobne, C-172 trup farba povrchu tohto javu. Vzhľadom k tomu, povrch je> 0 stupňov 3D objektov pre real-time prostredie mapovanie. Na vyriešenie tohto problému, potom podsvietenie tiene na objektoch (vrátane ľudí) nedostatok životného prostredia lomu (objekty) bude tiež konečne rozlúštené.

2) starať o plnení "mrak". Tiež existuje medzi mrakom a vzájomnej lomu a rôzne hrúbke oblačnosti prestupu. V súčasnej dobe, "cloud" tiež nie sú vidieť pod podmienkou starostí je normálne.

Stručne povedané, myslím, v tomto atmosférického prachu bol taký dokonalý výkon motora v prednej časti, tieto dve malé problémy, by mala nakoniec byť schopní získať perfektné riešenie.

Tieto myšlienky sú len nápady. V závere, či je konečný ideálne riešenie? Stále potrebujú motora návrhára odpovedať.

体验了以后,我不得不说:这个引擎从总体上看是划时代的!是人类设计水平的大进步!是未来无国界的期待!

同时,我有些不理解的地方,简单说起来就是担心菲涅尔设计最终是否能够完整?!

具体可以涉及到二个小问题:

1) 既然能够看到在AH-64的玻璃上太阳映射以及环境反光(球体轮廓反光)。那么,为什么看不到即时环境映射?同样,包括C-172的机身油漆表面也是这个现象。因为光洁度>0度的3D物体,对于即时环境是会映射的。这个问题如果解决以后,那么,目前物体(包括人物)上的背光阴影缺乏(物体之间)小环境折射的现象也会同时解决。

2)担心"云"的表现。因为云和云之间同样存在相互折射现象,而且不同厚薄的云还有不同的透光度。目前来说,"云"还没有看到前提下,担心是正常的。

总之,我认为,在这个大气尘埃已经表现如此完美的引擎面前,上述二个小问题,最终应该可以得到完美解决。

想法仅仅是想法。到底是否能够最终完美解决?还是需要这个引擎的设计师来答复。

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:14:43 pm by weige »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #306 on: March 18, 2012, 06:38:38 am »

Please just use English :) While our native language is indeed Slovak, that automatic translation is utter mess. I wouldn't be able to comprehend what it was about :D

1) The reflection of the sun on the glass is not because of the environment mapping, it's the result of atmospheric scattering computation done on the reflected light ray. Environment mapping will come in later versions.

2) Clouds will be modeled to approximate the correct physical appearance. We are always using feasible approximations to physical phenomena, otherwise it would be very hard to get the rendering working properly globally.

weige

« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2012, 06:59:56 am »

Understand. :D

Thank you cameni genius design! We have more worth looking forward to this vibrant atmosphere engine!

weige

« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2012, 09:57:13 pm »

Reflection is also tantamount to a 180-degree mapping.  ;) Mapping definition is obviously more widely.This phenomenon is how to name, does not matter for me.I just had a premonition that this engine will be after a period away from the real "heaven", the most recent!Of course, if the small vegetation to achieve 3D, the trees can also be realistic shadows, leaves can also be mapped weak ambient light, as well as trees and grass can reflect the local meteorological data or artificial air (helicopter downdraft) data is even more ideal!

Once again pay tribute to as much as possible to create a real sense of design guru!

-----------------------------------------------------

反射也等于是180度的映射。映射定义明显更加广。这个现象怎么去命名,对于我来说无所谓的。我只是预感到这个引擎将会在以后一个时期,是离真实“天堂”最近的!当然,如果微小植被也能够实现3D,树木也能够现实阴影,树叶也能够微弱映射环境光,以及树木和草能够反映局部气象数据或人造气流(直升机下降气流)数据就更加理想了!

再次向尽可能创造真实感觉的设计大师致敬!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:17:44 am by weige »

SuperKillo

« Reply #309 on: March 19, 2012, 06:28:00 pm »

Hi, I have a question. On the computer I've installed it, now I dont have internet. When I start the software, it checks whether this update to the latest version, and apparently, get stuck and not progressing.

Do I have a chance to try Outerra without internet? please am waiting for this a long time and now I can not even try. :((((((

Chaoss

• After Days
Absolutely stunning engine
« Reply #310 on: March 19, 2012, 11:02:15 pm »

Hope I put this in the right place, I've been tracking Outerra from the shadows for quite some time now (must be going on 2 - 3 years) and I just have to say I'm loving the tech demo of Anteworld, the idea, back story and and general feel will be absolutely amazing, and could compete with aspects of Second Life.... or completely blow it to pieces in terms of freedom/graphics. I bought Anteworld and will also be willing to donate further to the project at a future date. How the entire planets terrain fits into such a small space is amazing.

I do have a few small criticisms, the first being you need a moon sprite, at night I noticed there was no moon... or moon light and it is pitch black. This may be impossible to achieve but to have a 3D moon would be killer, although that may be beyond current technical limitations with the detail being put into the planet. The other is the lack of vegetation, loose rock formations, shrubbery, sticks, logs, leaves, plants, long grass and the usual stuff seen around, although I guess this is or will be worked on.

I can grantee I'd be on Anteworld (the multiplayer game as single player may be a little lonely :( ) all the time, and support it's development and creation.

Sorry if its hard to understand English isn't my primary language :)

Jagerbomber

Re: Absolutely stunning engine
« Reply #311 on: March 19, 2012, 11:20:12 pm »

More plants and things are being worked on and someday I think they'll get to the moon.  A 3D moon that is.  This engine can do it and hopefully it will be a lot easier to make than the Earth.  :P

I don't think this belongs in the support topic, but unfortunately, I can't move it.

Your English is very good by the way.  I don't think I really saw anything wrong with it, but I'm not going to go giving it red correction marks.  I'm no English major.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:22:45 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2012, 01:50:16 am »

Um, there are several places where it needs the net. It checks for the updates, then for updated data .. will need to test it.

weige

« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2012, 10:14:09 pm »

Just three days, upgraded twice. The surface undulating design is very successful!

Obviously, this is not the experience the object of Fresnel effect when. Map includes not only the vision mirror map, and also closer objects, and each other with the color influence of refraction! These future effects sphere reflected light (high light) has been achieved and the contours of ambient light (the color of the sky during the day) together, the exact representation of the letter is complete Fresnel system design.

I firmly believe that the final design, because you have to create a real engine of heaven into the earth! This is unprecedented. , Covers all other outstanding local performance engine, it may just need to constantly improve the design time, as well as the determination of the designer. Of course, also exists another possible: At present, the recommended configuration to run smoothly, is caused because the other elements necessary to simplify or omit. Wait until the other elements must all join the visual effects are entirely correct, perfectly balanced.Including of course the trees to achieve a 3D polyhedron. The recommended configuration is completely unable to run. I personally think that this may still exist. Therefore, the,I estimate that about two years later, just my computer need to reconfigure.

仅仅三天,就升级了两次。地表面小的起伏设计很成功!

很明显,目前还不是体验物体菲涅尔效果的时候。映射不仅包括远景的镜面映射,而且,还包括比较靠近的物体之间的,相互带有色彩影响的折射!这些未来效果与目前已经实现的球体反射光(高光)和轮廓环境光(目前是白天的天空色彩)加在一起,不折不扣地完全再现出来,才是完整的菲涅尔系统设计。

我坚信最终会设计出来的,因为你已经创造出一个真正可以上天入地的引擎!这是前所未有的。那么,函盖其它所有局部表现优秀的引擎,很可能只是需要不断完善设计的时间问题,以及设计者的决心问题。当然,同样也存在另外可能:目前推荐的配置能够流畅地运行,是因为其它必须的元素简单化或省略所造成的。等到其它必须的元素全部加入以后,视觉效果也完全正确,完全平衡。其中当然包括树木也实现了3D多面体。目前所推荐的配置就完全无法运行。我个人认为这个可能还是存在。因此,我个人估计大约在两年以后,正好我的电脑需要重新配置的时候。
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:49:22 am by weige »

weige

« Reply #314 on: March 25, 2012, 09:24:32 am »

Comparison of the same place

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Microsoft Flight

Outerra Anteworld 0.7.11.3042

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36