Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 946912 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:50 pm »

Start -> All programs -> Outerra -> Anteworld

verhext

« Reply #361 on: April 26, 2012, 11:12:50 am »

new user here

(i'm a flighsim fan, i have x-plane 10, il-2 cod and DCS A-10 as well played many others  also i like Armed Assault II and Skyrim)

well, i just downloaded this demo and i was very impressed how smooth and flawless the generated terrain is ..  (except some minor terrain preloading glitches)

my N680GTX was literary eating the graphics and was asking for more details  :D

this thing has a HUUGE potential and i'm definitely buying it

thanks !

ps: if only we could have the same in xplane and il-2 cod ..  sniffle   but that's a whole different story   :'(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:32:49 am by verhext »

oblalex

« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2012, 06:43:30 am »

I've watched videos and screens. I've been totally shocked on how amazing it is. really megajob!

when I run anteworld on my GeForce 8500 GT (with the newest drivers) strange things had happened.
1. you can move camera underground and see backside of the meshes. it's ok. but when you move camera above the ground, it doesn't comes back to render frontside of meshes.
2. when you move camera to the outer space, you can see the whole planet covered with snow, although it was green at the start point near the ground. then, when you try to move camera from space back to the ground, it moves,moves,moves and then bang! - stops, although it's still some kilometers above the ground. when you continue to move to the ground, suddenly things described in 1) occur.
3. when I tried to change screen resolution, the app just broken down.

of course, I need to upgrade my graphic card, but if it's needed, I can post some screens.

i didn't found any info on the site about price. just in some previous post I saw that it's just $15. is it true? in anteworld it's an option: 'create account'. yes, I've seen it. but what will I get after buying? some new facilities in anteworld? outerra library? sources? or both? finally, I'd like to know if outerra would be available on linux.

I totally agree with verhext: using this engine in flight simulators would be just new BIG word in aviasim design. I'm incurable fan of il-2 and I'm interested in creating an alternative to it, cause il-2 is a dying thing, has ugly architecture and hasn't lots of interesting things for real collaborative playing.

and the last thing: is it possible to become co-developer for someone?

Looking forward to answers! Thanks!

[deleted]

« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2012, 07:59:40 am »

Yes it costs 15 $ you get access to buildings, vehicles (plane and helicopter) and you become a beta supporter of the game.
They said there will probably be a linux version of it.

SpaceFlight

« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2012, 08:57:42 am »

Yes it costs 15 $ you get access to buildings, vehicles (plane and helicopter) and you become a beta supporter of the game.
They said there will probably be a linux version of it.

This, and with the 15$ you are basically buying the pre-alpha version of the game "Anteworld", including its updates to the final version and the final version, which will be developed in order to mature the OT engine and its tools.
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

oblalex

« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2012, 04:20:46 pm »

Honestly, I don't have enough time to play games, especially such huge-scaled :) I'm interested in the graphics engine, because creating another version of such engine (for example, base on OGRE) will be like inventing another bicycle  and rather boring :)

72aurora

« Reply #366 on: April 30, 2012, 01:41:45 am »

How does one buy the alpha(I'm a Linux user, so I can't play it)?

dr.phees

« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2012, 04:09:57 pm »

Same for me. As soon as there is a linux version I will buy it.

(And Linux users are known as a well paying bunch, as the Humble Bundle sales taught us all).

[deleted]

« Reply #368 on: May 07, 2012, 12:28:27 pm »

Same for me. As soon as there is a linux version I will buy it.

(And Linux users are known as a well paying bunch, as the Humble Bundle sales taught us all).

Yea and what about getting LINUX ? It was free. Windows is not: the Humble Bundle sales don't mean anything.

dr.phees

« Reply #369 on: May 07, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »

Yea and what about getting LINUX ? It was free. Windows is not: the Humble Bundle sales don't mean anything.

Sorry, but I don't get your point.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #370 on: May 07, 2012, 03:21:11 pm »

We would surely like to have Linux/Mac version as soon as possible, but at the moment our available resources are limited and diversifying it even more would not be reasonable at this point. But it's definitely in the plan, and I guess Linux version will have its own pre-alpha reduced price period as well.

Choice of Linux is hardly about the money.

dr.phees

« Reply #371 on: May 07, 2012, 03:33:22 pm »

We would surely like to have Linux/Mac version as soon as possible, but at the moment our available resources are limited and diversifying it even more would not be reasonable at this point. But it's definitely in the plan, and I guess Linux version will have its own pre-alpha reduced price period as well.

Great to hear that! I actually have a windows machine, but that is only for work. All private stuff is running Linux. Anyway, I will keep my eyes peeled :)

atazs

« Reply #372 on: May 08, 2012, 01:45:54 pm »

Hey i was wondering if you could give us some news when we can expect a game or at least an alpha where we can finally play online? I mean i paid money for the demo but we dont know when the game and everything is coming out. Im not trying to rush you guys or anything just some news about it would be nice. The anteworld site says almost there ever since the demo release. So as i said some news about it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Juggernautz

« Reply #373 on: May 08, 2012, 02:46:06 pm »

Development of this nature is an iterative process. It will be more like the development of Minecraft (incremental content patches) than the release of a feature complete game, I suspect.

Just be patient and enjoy being able to watch the development process in (almost) real time IMHO. :)

atazs

« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2012, 02:46:55 pm »

Development of this nature is an iterative process. It will be more like the development of Minecraft (incremental content patches) than the release of a feature complete game, I suspect.

Just be patient and enjoy being able to watch the development process in (almost) real time IMHO. :)
As as said im not trying to get them to rush it i just want a bit of news about it because its been mostly quiet
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36