Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 946752 times)

exadeci

Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2012, 05:40:30 pm »

Just a small issue I played Outerra on a 1920x1080 screen and when I launched with a screen of 1440x900 resolution I had the error "Couldn't find suitable screen 1920x1080" I edited eng.cfg but it didn't fixed it (strangely), so I had to download and install the new update

PRiME

« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2012, 08:25:35 pm »

Was thinking, a trick to get shaded grass without too much performance hit might be to just get the grass to be tinted a bit if in a shadow region depending on time of day perhaps? This would mean you don't need to actually cast a shadow on each blade, it just has something that checks the area underneath for shadow present or not?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #392 on: May 29, 2012, 01:06:47 am »

Grass will get shadows, but we need to change a few things in the pipeline for it first.

errorist

« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2012, 06:59:40 pm »

Damn it's sooo goood. I hope for more updates :) If you need any help with modeling i would be glad to help.

Wawron

« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2012, 09:56:48 am »

Today I saw video from Outerra on Youtube. It's amazing! Imagine a large on-line game, something like a GTA, where players can do whatever they want on all the world. I must check how my village looks :D.

seppen

« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:58 am »

I see great potential in this engine, the tools already implemented are pure brilliance.

Anyone familiar with Civil 3d can relate to that, and simple stuff like "flatten" for buildings.

If a proper import pipeline, this will take off in many areas.
Since Collada is mentioned, FBX should then be possible too.

FBX support animation, and instances too, is compact, and supported in many 3d software.

If in future able to import custom Lidar data, for own use on limited areas I would be a jumping banana :)

Already some 0.5m-1m data availeble over parts of NZ.

For noncommersial use, and free.
http://www.data.govt.nz/dataset/show/847

Wawron

« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2012, 12:12:43 pm »

My countryside looks... bad. There's no any trees! Around my village is many of them, but in outerra only few. But mountains on the horizont are the same as in real life. Great work you doing here, I'm waiting for full version :D .

Jagerbomber

« Reply #397 on: June 03, 2012, 12:52:23 pm »

That's because trees are pretty much only on slopes at the moment.  There will be a lot more eventually.  :)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ChookWantan

• They call me Chook.
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2012, 01:03:19 am »

I would be a jumping banana :)

This is the best translated expression I have ever seen. Definitely part of my vocabulary now!  :P
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Ice Cold Killa

• Hello.
« Reply #399 on: June 07, 2012, 06:02:29 am »

My countryside looks... bad. There's no any trees! Around my village is many of them, but in outerra only few. But mountains on the horizont are the same as in real life. Great work you doing here, I'm waiting for full version :D .
Same here, lol. My home town looks like a wasteland with a tree here and there...

Japith

« Reply #400 on: June 07, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »

Hello for a very long time I have been waiting for a release, and not that you have released it. I clicked download I downloaded and installed outerra.. Its 219MBs WTH... and inside the folder there is NO EXE.. so how is everyone running and playing the game I am soo angry :( I also am looking for Anteworld but NO WHERE there is a download anywhere on google!! HELP ME PLEASE I REEALLY NEEED OUTTERA!!! PLEASE!!

Japith

« Reply #401 on: June 07, 2012, 08:32:00 pm »

I almost dropped a tear... :D This can be the beginning of sg great

HOW ARE YOU PLAYING??!! WHAT THE HELL THERE IS NO EXE IN THE FOLDER I AM SO SAD.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #402 on: June 07, 2012, 09:41:25 pm »

The Data Folder you indicated is not where the exe is located. There should have been two folders chosen. Check Program files>Anteworld
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

nielu

« Reply #403 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:12 am »

Is it possible to run game on the secondary monitor in fullscreen? Also, when I start the game in fulscreen in 1920x1080, something wierd is going on, all the objects in game are shaking rapidly, any fix for this?
Despite that, GREAT GAME/ENGINE!!! Already bought it, waiting for beta :D

tuxmaster

« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2012, 06:11:49 pm »

I was really surprised with Anteworld after some time playing with it. I thought to my self this is a great idea. Here you go $15.  Is it going to be mod friendly. So we can start making add-ons?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36