Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 946731 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #465 on: July 31, 2013, 05:00:42 pm »

Guess im fucked until I update.

... interesting, i had XP about an month back (basic SP3 version) and it worked - of course, updates and firewall shut down ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HoralkaEU

« Reply #466 on: August 03, 2013, 07:21:29 am »

Hi there!

I am interested in this engine. Really nice from screens. I downloaded the demo to try how it runs on my laptop. I have Lenovo with dual graphics. The integrated is from i5 Ivy Bridge, HD4000, the powerful one is nVidia GTX660M. The drivers are latest.

The problem is, that program seems to be running only on the HD4000. When I run it, I get warning message that Intel drivers are still not supported. I run it anyway, but it's not very smooth. Game says in the bottom left that my GPU is HD4000. Now, I tried to run the game with right click -> run with nVidia (which already says it's even default setting). The icon I have that detects usage of GTX660M says the Outerra is using it. But I'm not sure. I know that laptop aren't for games and high details, but I read that this engine runs well even on old PCs. I guess it really runs on HD4000 instead of GTX660M, even if nVidia panel says otherwise. Can't it be fooled? For example, even Fraps didn't detect this game, doesn't show FPS. Is there a way to try to force it use GTX? I don't want to switch it off in BIOS for now.

Thanks for reply

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #467 on: August 03, 2013, 07:49:03 am »

With Nvidia integrated graphics it should be possible to tell the drivers to use Nvidia instead of Intel, we are even automatically creating a profile for outerra.exe to switch it. If it's not working for you, the problem may be that you need newer drivers. Did you install the latest mobile drivers from nvidia.com?
Older ones can have problems with OpenGL apps like Outerra.

You should be able to see the profile in the Nvidia control panel, with outerra.exe assigned to use the Nvidia drivers.

HoralkaEU

« Reply #468 on: August 03, 2013, 01:50:58 pm »

Yes, driver is 320.49. The profile for outerra.exe is set for the nVidia card.

I missed the tabs in graphics settings, so I set some things a bit lower and it's smooth now. But I don't know, shouldn't fraps work too?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #469 on: August 03, 2013, 02:03:29 pm »

We block Fraps and all programs that try to inject into outerra.exe to display graphics overlays, because the programs aren't well optimized for OpenGL and separate app/rendering threads, leading to frequent artifacts and rendering bugs and crashes. When these injected programs crash, it looks as if Outerra crashed and we get all the blame, so we decided to block them by default.

You can allow it by running outerra.exe from command line with allowext argument
  outerra.exe -allowext

That will permit Fraps to hook in.

Maggotbrain

« Reply #470 on: August 10, 2013, 06:04:43 pm »

Hey guys! By "accident" i just stumbeled across this game today through Ocolus youtube channel (caynonrun with Mig) And i have to say i'm very impressed by the demo even if it's lacking rivers, weather,animals, caves and great looking road textures (road gets blurry/jaggy from a distance).
I'm seriously considering buying the alpha version but first i need an answer to a pretty important question, at least in my world.

1: Will this ever going to be finished?

Sorry but i'm just too tired of wasting money to people who gives up halfway, and since the demo of Outerra has been out since Feb 2012 i strongly suspect this is going to meet the same fate as all the other let downs.

Chaoz

« Reply #471 on: August 10, 2013, 06:45:23 pm »

I'm pretty confident that this will get finished, just not right this second or maybe this year. I certainly don't regret my 15 $ and even if by remote coincidence this won't get finished it's really not that much money and definitely not wasted ;)

Plus you can't compare Outerra to some of the more recent crowd-funded games out there , Outerra is an engine and the game Anteworld will be its showcase/tech demo and will be eventually a complete game once the engine is finished and more people work on the game, also there are updates which are released though irregular but still consistently so I wouldn't project an end to this anytime soon :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:53:16 pm by Chaoz »

Maggotbrain

« Reply #472 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:18 pm »

Tnx for the reply and for making me a little more wiser. Hell, this beats the hell out of FSX in almost every part regarding eye-candy so i guess i will give it a go! :)

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #473 on: August 11, 2013, 01:58:01 pm »

The engine will be definitively usable somedays.

Maggotbrain

« Reply #474 on: August 16, 2013, 08:50:29 pm »

Having a blast with the engine so far but i'm afraid i will get bored very soon, all i wanna do is build the tallest buildings in the world in the worst possible places :P

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #475 on: August 17, 2013, 12:03:05 am »

And why you dont do that? Thats possible now. You just have to create and import your stuff by yourself.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #476 on: August 17, 2013, 06:06:33 am »

The dubai tower on top of Everest!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #477 on: August 18, 2013, 01:55:55 am »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #478 on: August 18, 2013, 11:02:25 am »

For example. I just placed the tower of pisa on a mountain in himalaya.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cttk2KBqxME/UaC0-qHH_nI/AAAAAAAACkE/KQpfO6AURq0/w1556-h875-no/screen_1369485665.jpg

Aw... You shoulda hit "P" before you took that...  :)

Gotta do some tweakin' to those 2-waypoint roads.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:06:01 am by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #479 on: August 18, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »

Nah. That screenshot is ye olde stuff
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36