Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 946737 times)

PRiME

Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2012, 05:05:17 pm »

Yep getting my mind around it, finally figured out most controls. Just wondering if you guys could add in current Lat/Long down bottom left corner for reference in a future patch, (actually I found tab brings info up nicely, however once I managed to glitch it and it stopped producing coords, I think perhaps its due to me going into space then back down again?)

I was also looking at the object files and wondering if we'll be able to just drop in our own objects etc sometime to try out new things, i.e. wondering how hard it be to toss in a tank for example. I don't mind coding :)

Additionally if you guys have someone in GIS (I have experience with it from university) then you can use allot of GIS data for imprinting land-types and features into your worldengine; for example tree region types are easily identified with GIS tools such as Esri Arc Tools etc... You can even complete entire accurate road maps with ease, instead of needing manual input.

You can get access to the basic ArcGIS programs and datasets for around ~$3000 (for commercial use). I am sure you guys are already fully aware of all the above, just checking.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:16:25 am by PRiME »

Luis Vargas

« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2012, 03:29:51 am »

Seems to be an issue with USB devices. Could you get the usbdeview utility from here http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html (download link at the end), and run it in command line:

usbdeview.exe /stab usb.txt

and send me the usb.txt file?

Ok, my usb hub is the problem. When I took it off, the messages stopped. I have three usb devices connected to my PC:  a usb printer, a usb rudder pedal and a usb hub. Connected to the usb hub (a four ports model) I have a usb joystick and a 'throttle/spoiler/flaps' usb console.

I'm sending the requested log.

Thanks.

E8600 3.33 Ghz / GTX570 1280 MB / 4 GB DDR2-800 / SATA2 7200 RPM / PSU Corsair AX850W / Samsung monitor 27" / Windows XP PRO

Oldtown

« Reply #212 on: March 02, 2012, 03:39:18 am »

@ GIS

There are many alternatives to ArcGIS ... the most I love is quantum GIS. It works very well with the datasets of openstreetmap and ist regulary updated. I used it partly at work and it was very comfortable.
Also some GIS-Tools could find their way into Outerra. For example a polygon-tool which defines the area of a forest. At least the user has to click and define the type of forrest.
Or a paint-tool where you can draw simply the texture (sand, concrete etc.) to your landscape.

simmerhead

« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2012, 08:14:18 am »

Can't wait to try this! Looking great. Sure hope this can be turned into a flight/train/ship/car simulator sometime.

atazs

« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2012, 12:21:20 pm »

How do i fly? With the plane no matter what buttons i press it just wont start moving. The engine is turned on. With the helicopter i just turn upside down and crash into the ground

PRiME

« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2012, 12:26:42 pm »

I believe PGUP and PGDN are throttle. Says so in controls menu.

ben1101

« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2012, 09:24:58 pm »

Awesome! Just bought it and love it to bits already!

I have a G940 logitech joystick/pedals/throttle system and am having trouble getting the collective to respond - especially trying to land it seems to float around ~~

Anyway, I expect this to be a transient issue as this program is expanded so Im not too worried - Im using FreeTrack on the mouse x and y axis to look around in cockpit -

Congrats on the release and I look forward to the path ahead!
Helicopters and the other stuff that there is around this place. And pizza.

duxet

• Anteworld - polska strona
« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2012, 09:47:00 pm »

I finally bought Anteworld. I believe i can fly... but i can't :( Is there any tutorial how to start?  :P

Edit:
I restarted game and now it works, and i can fly with my joystick :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:32:15 pm by duxet »

Kospy

« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2012, 05:50:03 am »

It's possible to change the FOV ? It's really too narrow, especially when we are near the ground.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2012, 05:58:12 am »

Not yet, will be adding it to the config. For some it's narrow, for others wide :)

Windshear

« Reply #220 on: March 03, 2012, 10:37:55 am »

Hi! The issue I had is now fixed. I think the update did the job. Now the joystick is not working (actually never did). The usb.txt is attached. Thanks!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2012, 10:39:18 am »

Could you also attach your eng.log?

Windshear

« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2012, 10:42:41 am »

Could you also attach your eng.log?

There you go!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2012, 10:48:17 am »

So, does it mean that when you go into the input configuration, and you click on a control and move the joystick axis, nothing happens? Is it not being detected?

Windshear

« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2012, 10:54:16 am »

So, does it mean that when you go into the input configuration, and you click on a control and move the joystick axis, nothing happens? Is it not being detected?

Nothing happens at all. It's like is doesn't even exists... I'm using it with Flight Simulator so it's 100% sure that the joystick is working...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36