Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 946701 times)

Sam

• nearby
Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2012, 04:09:30 am »

I know where you're coming from with that, but I would say it's certainly not like that and not meant to be like that.  I forget exactly which indie game it was that made it kind of sound a bit iffy at least with their advertisment about it.  Was it Blacklight Retribution or something like that?  I can't remember right now. 

What this is is more like Minecraft's alpha/beta development, but with more user/fan input including just suggestions.  These 2 guys can't do something of this scale completely on their own.  Also, there are many many people out there who love doing stuff like this - sims, 3D modeling, vehicle physics, etc - for a hobby.  Hell that's how Outerra started out isn't it?  You know people actually find game development fun?  Games wouldn't exist if nobody did.
Yeah, thats right!
And nobody it's forcet to pay that 15 bucks!  ::)

However, some people they want all that stuff, but pay? No thanks!
Those who feel just like a beta tester, so this must be their problem. Myself, i feel like a explorer!  8)
Resident of Outerra

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2012, 04:16:52 am »

I should probably remove that statement about beta testers that sounds like a feature. It comes from times of closed beta when everyone asked to become beta testers, so we said that soon everyone can become a beta tester. But for newcomers who don't know this, it may sound strange indeed :)

[deleted]

« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:21 am »

The statement is correct, cameni. We are preordering an unfinished game, and so we become testers, don't we ? We find bugs and glitches and help the developing.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2012, 08:43:34 am »

Yes, but for some it apparently sounds like an obligation :)

[deleted]

« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2012, 08:51:50 am »

For me it sounds like being part of the developing team. What honor !!

Stratocruiser

« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2012, 09:40:41 am »

Not sure who to try and reach or how to do it.
I did the initial download and started it up. I got a screen asking me to buy the Beta program. I paid my $15.00 but have nothing to show for it. When I click on the exe to start the game, all I get is a full screen shot of an airport in the Alps. My mouse turns into a controller and the only thing it will do is pan around to look at the scenery. I have no cursor or any spots on the screen to do anything with. There is no way to even shut it down. I have to go to Task Mgr to shut it down. Also there does not seem to be a place anywhere on the Forum pages for me to post a new string. All I can do is reply. I must be missing something, but can't find a place to download anything more. Can someone help?
Thanks.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2012, 09:57:09 am »

The support forum where you can post topics is here, this here is a news forum where normal members don't have the privileges to post.

You didn't have to pay to try the demo, there's a big DEMO MODE button in the lower right corner when you start the program.
Once you get in the game, you are in UFO mode where you can move with WASD keys. When you press ESC, a sandbox mode opens and mouse appears. You can quit from there easily, but you can also do many other things. Please read the help that is available via the sandbox menu or directly on F1.

Stratocruiser

« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2012, 10:27:39 am »

OK. Thanks for your help. I will try that.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #263 on: March 08, 2012, 10:45:46 am »

For me it sounds like being part of the developing team. What honor !!

This ^
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Luis Vargas

« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2012, 10:49:16 am »

I beg apologies if this was already posted, but is there any advantage running Outerra on Windows 7 64 bits instead of Windows XP 32 bits?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:51:09 am by Luis Vargas »
E8600 3.33 Ghz / GTX570 1280 MB / 4 GB DDR2-800 / SATA2 7200 RPM / PSU Corsair AX850W / Samsung monitor 27" / Windows XP PRO

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2012, 11:08:28 am »

Not much yet, but it's expected Outerra will become 64-bit program in the future, to fully utilize available memory and speedup the 64bit architecture provides.

PRiME

« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2012, 08:20:11 am »

Probably not the public forums. Seen http://www.outerra.com/wcontact.html yet? :)

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2012, 08:52:31 am »

Why not here ^^ Certainly Cameni read this and contacted him yet ;)

outerran

« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:17 am »

Hi everybody,
I'm a new happy supporter of this impressive project. I'm sure public success will follow soon.

As far as the content:
- looks are gorgeous, I'm surprised how well it runs on my average system;
- flight and car physics are nice at start but i believe they're only the beginning;

My questions would be:
- can the game host higher sofistication physics models and exponentially more objects, meaning are there more resources left for a pc to handle?
- what is the development plan for the planet? you will provide regular extra content or it will be left exclusively for modders?

Thanhs and good luck.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2012, 02:40:40 pm »

Q1. Yes.. Within Reason

Q2. For the Anteworld game some pre-existing structures and roadways (Completely in ruins) are planned to still exist.

Also I like you name. Them dirty Outerans taking everyone's job.. TERK MA JERB!!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36