Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Standalone elevation data download!  (Read 91204 times)

Jagerbomber

Re: Standalone elevation data download!
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2013, 12:35:55 pm »

Actually... at this point, I think it's more like Firefox doesn't work with Google...  ::)
Firefox hasn't been fixing what they break in their browser on several Google services.  They've been pretty bad about it lately.
The browser has gone downhill since v3... and now they're on the rapid update cycle and it's now on v26 and has been slowly going to crap.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:02:04 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

connectamabob

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2013, 09:57:59 am »

Hmm. Well, either way, Chrome is a no-go since it won't give me the option to restart the DLs where they left off when they inevitably bork themselves. Firefox will, but the DL button on the hosting site doesn't work in FF.

Got the torrent all downloaded now though, so it's moot. Torrent turned out to be faster than the Google downloads would've been anyway (going by the speed I was getting with the one I tried to DL). The files in the torrent do appear to be outdated though, as Outerra is DLing new ones as as move around... which kinda defeats the purpose of downloading the standalone data files.  :(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:02:05 am by connectamabob »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2013, 10:15:57 am »

It probably only downloads the new color files, as those aren't in the torrent. Also, the in-game downloads are now served from dedicated servers (in the full version).

smileymonk

« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2014, 04:34:32 am »

I have downloaded earth+y only and extracted in D:/user/monk/data . Anteworld refuses to run ( windows is checking for solution .. etc) in stand alone mode . We have a proxy at our end for internet .I have quadro fx 1800 with opengl 3.3.0 intalled . any help will be appreciated .
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:01:53 am by smileymonk »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2014, 06:29:24 am »

Proxy servers aren't supported for data download, you'd have to run in demo mode (-demo command line switch) to suppress checking for terrain data updates.
Is D:\user\monk  your Outerra data directory? The data.cfg file in the install dir should point to the data directory.

smileymonk

« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2014, 07:57:59 pm »

Yes d:\users\monk\outerra  is data directory . I have downloaded cvd.zip also . On execution , the window opens ,shows nvdia profile , gives options for username etc  on clicking demo its checks for newer version and go for updating .... .for ever (?) . I am attaching eng.log .
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:19:51 am by smileymonk »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2014, 02:32:24 am »

That's eng.cfg, not log :)
As I said, proxy is not supported for terrain data version checks and downloads, and you would have to run it with demo flag, e.g. outerra.exe -demo

smileymonk

« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2014, 11:22:38 pm »

Sorry my mistake. I have run it with demo flag as mention , but still it is trying to connect www.outerraworld.com ! . Do i have to download all the  earth data file chunk . I have reinstalled the data it in d:users\Rakesh\outerra  a privileged user account. I am attaching the eng.log

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2014, 01:21:26 am »

It will try to load terrain files it needs if you don't have them, even in that mode. It just tells it not to do version & update checks. Unfortunately, the log doesn't tell what file is being tried to be downloaded. +y only covers the area around the Indian Ocean - South Asia, Western Australia and parts of Oceania. But if you do a fresh install, also deleting the campos data, you should have all the data needed for the demo mode not to download anything more for a few 100 km around.

It may be also that you installed the data in a wrong way - the files should end up in d:users\Rakesh\outerra\data\earth\+y\ ...

smileymonk

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2014, 05:37:41 am »

Thanks cameni , I will try it . Does it require a internet connection in standalone demo mode ? .

smileymonk

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2014, 01:22:06 am »

I got it working . I got confuse with standalone and offline . I need to download base.desc files . I gives a warning that nview.dll ( nvidia) may inject / hook . Do I have to uninstall ? .Although it executing without any problem yet . Thank you.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2014, 01:41:58 am »

Yes, the base.desc files are required, but they are included in the full install.
The inject warnings can be ignored, there's another mechanism that prevents hooking into the renderer (and possible stability issues).

Iargo

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2014, 05:19:46 pm »

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I've downloaded the full 11GB torrent for the planet, however when I place it in the specified folder it still seems to download as I move from region to region (i.e. the terrain is all blurry just like before the download). However, I realized that I may need to download the _cvd component from the 3rd post of this thread. Unfortunately, the download seems to cut off at the end of it every time. Is there another way to download that section or do I not need it at all?

Thanks in advance.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2014, 05:41:48 pm »

_cvd contains extra biome data, and it is required as well, however it's a smaller part of the whole data. We'll have to create a new torrent for it, probably for both, in the self-installing otx format.

Iargo

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2014, 05:55:51 pm »

_cvd contains extra biome data, and it is required as well, however it's a smaller part of the whole data. We'll have to create a new torrent for it, probably for both, in the self-installing otx format.

Ah right I see, thanks for the reply. I'll just wait until an updated version is posted then!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10