Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Standalone elevation data download!  (Read 91311 times)

Oldtown

Re: Standalone elevation data download!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 05:55:30 am »

So we just need to download a new torrent with the correct settings?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59:36 am »

OR alternatively you could just give us the wad files.. It would never finish to 100% but it wouldn't matter. Everyone would have the real files and I could just tell utorrent not to download the alternate.. earth.torrent file and I would be sitting at 100% and seeding. Sort of a suck system but what are you gonna do.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

SpaceFlight

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 07:01:02 am »

Is the data downloaded with this torrent usable now?
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

Oldtown

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 07:36:58 am »

I don't think so ... we can just wait for a message from our master cameni :D

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 09:15:13 am »

Ok, here's what you can do. I've uploaded a fixed torrent: earth.torrent

Now to avoid downloading it all again, you can do the following (using uTorrent but I guess it's just as possible with other clients):
- add the torrent using ctrl+d (that will ask you to choose the save dir), choosing the location where you have the earth folder downloaded previously, but uncheck the start torrent checkbox
- while the torrent is in stopped state, right click on it and select Force recheck
- once it's done checking you should have your 99.9% back, but this time it should be able to download the remaining data since the erroneous file was removed from the new torrent

Oldtown

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:34 am »

Worked better then I expected ... I just added this torrent in utorrent and it started automaticly to check the data which was allready there. Well done cameni :D
And now I can seed for ya all :)

[deleted]

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 09:47:51 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:03:48 pm by secret1962 »

Oldtown

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 09:51:19 am »

I'm pretty sure because the software should work in the same way.

[deleted]

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 09:54:23 am »

Yep, it works.

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2012, 09:40:43 am »

Sorry if I missed part of the conversation but what is the new data exactly? Does it replace the default with a higher resolution version or?

Cheers!
The best thing after flying is landing

[deleted]

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 09:47:31 am »

You mean the new torrent file ? The older one was bugged and you couldn't download some data files, so they fixed it with a new torrent, and you don't have to re-download all over again if you already did, the client automatically checks the files.

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 06:34:45 pm »

You mean the new torrent file ? The older one was bugged and you couldn't download some data files, so they fixed it with a new torrent, and you don't have to re-download all over again if you already did, the client automatically checks the files.

No I mean the whole standalone elevation, is it to replace the one that comes with Outerra or what is it exactly?

Cheers
The best thing after flying is landing

MiB

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 06:53:54 pm »

No I mean the whole standalone elevation, is it to replace the one that comes with Outerra or what is it exactly?

Cheers

It's about 13GB of elevation data (the ones that come with Outerra, just all of them) ... that you would download in parts if you went everywhere on earth in Outerra (would take days or weeks ... ;-))) ) ...
It's to avoid download ... (and in case some chunk of data changes on the server, only that one will be re-downloaded on your machine ... ) ...
So ... it's a win-win (you don't get those download windows, and server will be less busy ... ) ... if you have free space on your HDD ... ;-)))

Jagerbomber

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 07:10:32 pm »

What he's trying to say is...  ::) The game automatically downloads the earth data as you explore it in the game, but if you want to, this torrent is an option to download all of it without having to be in-game traveling around the entire planet.  Both the data in this torrent and the data that the game downloads are the same.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

yannick13014

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 07:25:14 am »

Hum, i'm downloading it at 80Ko/s ...
Normal or is just locked at 100Ko/s max?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10