Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Wonderful Engine :)  (Read 6733 times)

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
Wonderful Engine :)
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:35:43 am »

Hi

I spent last evening flying, driving and exploring the world of Outerra. It is so real in terms of elevation modeling, atmospheric light and the whole ambiance make us feel as if we are really out there!

I'm a flight simulation fan and a user of MSFS since FS3 + trying to use XPlane. Also designed sceneries for FS and been following your Outerra project since a while, I can say that none of the known Flight Simulators (FS or XPlane especialy) succeeded to render the atmospheric light and its effect on nature the way you did! Also the modeling of elevations, mountains and hills and their terrain aspect (rockies or other) are so much true to life and closer to reality than any of those simulators!

So I hope Outerra will be used as a birthplace for a new Flight Sim and who knows, it could be a flying, driving and sailing simulator all at once!

While exploring it, I was dreaming to see in Outerra future releases:

- Variations in vegetations types depends on regions
- Seasons vs regions
- A Weather system + dynamic precipitations and accumulations (snow, rain)?
- Procedural cities based on a mix of real life road data + landclass
- Cities houses / buildings / facilities and infrastructures following regional architectural trends

Those were my last night dreams :)

Keep the great work!

Cheers
MK
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:38:02 am by Karamich »
The best thing after flying is landing

[deleted]

Re: Wonderful Engine :)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:40:57 am »

Procedural cities ? How could that be possible ?

We'll able to make our models in the future. And we HAVE to build our cities manually, or where is all the fun ?!!!!!!

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
Re: Wonderful Engine :)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:18:35 am »

Procedural cities ? How could that be possible ?

We'll able to make our models in the future. And we HAVE to build our cities manually, or where is all the fun ?!!!!!!

Building manual cities is in my opinion a must do but only over a procedural base.

One can not build the whole world manually from scratch however based on landsclass along with OSM roads for example, we get the basic world set and then we can tweak and customize with city centers /downtowns / landmarks etc

But going from scratch toward a fully modeled urban world using the building and roads placement tool is a couple of human generations of work  ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:22:45 am by Karamich »
The best thing after flying is landing