Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Airplane Prop Texture is Black/& Roll Not Working. Also: Aircraft flying.  (Read 13472 times)

Luishi5k0

1. My airplane is having a texture problem with it's prop. It is black, so it is an error or it doesn't exist, I'm guessing. Here is a picture.

2. Also another problem I thought of. I cannot roll my screen. Q and E did not work in UFO mode, I have to use the auto tilt feature, otherwise I cannot roll at all. I even re-mapped the controls and I still cannot get roll to work.

3. Which format should our 3D models be in for import (when importing will be allowed in the future)? I might start working on things so when it enabled I can import some stuff right away.

4. Another question, is there a way to clear all of the things I have placed at once rather than having to individually delete them?

Info:
NVIDIA GTX 260 (2 in SLI) - Drivers 285.79
Windows 7 x64
Three Monitors - 5760x1080
Corsair Nova SSD
6GB DDR3
i7 920 (3.8 gh/z)
EVGA X58 Tri SLI

Thank you!

Also: Are the airplanes and helicopters supposed to fly all crazy? I am going steady with low throttle and I just start spinning out of control for now apparent reason.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:11:18 pm by Luishi5k0 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Airplane Prop Texture is Black/& Roll Not Working.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 06:06:29 pm »

1 and 2 are known issues, should be fixed in the next update.
3. Collada
4. You can delete the cache folder in your data dir. However, this also removes the objects and roads that were there from the start, so you may want to reinstall it after that.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:09:00 pm »

The aircraft should fly normally, unless you hit the ground. Do you have the joystick configured properly?

Luishi5k0

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 06:18:37 pm »

Thank you very much for the reply, and the amazing game/ simulator. I bought it as soon as I saw it and will try to get my friends to buy it as well.

Good to hear the issues are going to be fixed, and as for the aircraft flying, it really feels like there is wind everywhere or everything on the helicopter produced a ton of torque. I tried with my joystick and then just with my keyboard. If I spawn in mid air my heli starts swaying to the side and eventually starts flipping. Maybe I'm just controlling it wrong, but it seems to happen when more throttle is applied. Then I am pulled or jerked to some side.

Say I am level, and I turn the throttle all the way up, then my heli rolls almost completely over to the left if I do not counter it. Then once level it sways side to side like a boat.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:22:33 pm by Luishi5k0 »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 06:36:04 pm »

Actually luishi it sounds like you and I have the same issue with controlling our planes and helicopters. I can't seem to fly the heli without it flipping over and the plane never leaves the ground.. What joystick are you using? I have a $30 thrustmaster that I can't remember the model of.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Luishi5k0

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »

I have a Microsoft SideWinder, it's old and simple, but I mapped all of the buttons and checked the calibration and it all checks out. Everything should technically work, it just seems like the physics are off... or crazy.

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 06:46:11 pm »

I have a Microsoft SideWinder, it's old and simple, but I mapped all of the buttons and checked the calibration and it all checks out. Everything should technically work, it just seems like the physics are off... or crazy.

I have the same stick.  Adjusting speed and mixture helps while in air.  It just takes a LOT of getting used it.  I struggled with it for a couple of weeks until I could finally fly in a straight line lol.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

Luishi5k0

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

I wish the helicopters flew like Battlefield: Vietnam. Cameni, you should make an "arcade" flying mode or something to that extent that allows for a little easier flying experience. I will try to get used to it for now.

I'm pretty sure they have computers assist real helicopters in flying so when you throttle up it doesn't flip you.

mctash

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 07:03:33 pm »

You should try Black Shark from DCS ;)

Luishi5k0

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 07:10:09 pm »

So I've heard. I guess I'm just not used to "Simulator" flying, but still, it seems weird that I have to push my stick to the top right just to keep level with a decent amount of throttle, and if I let go, it goes crazy. Still, I'm loving the whole thing in general, just wish there was an arcade mode of flying. Like I said before, I loved helicopters in BF: Vietnam.

I added "Aircraft flying" to the title as I'm sure there are others who will be wondering about the flying.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:11:55 pm by Luishi5k0 »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Airplane Prop Texture is Black/& Roll Not Working. Also: Aircraft flying.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 07:18:22 pm »

I think my issue is more attributed to my axis getting stuck or limited at odd times. I wish there was an in-game graphical display of the control axis so I can see if my throttle is jumping around or load cell brake pedal not working 100%
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

mctash

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:24 pm »

Sorry dude, I wasn't having a pop. I completely fail at Black Shark :) I can get the thing of the ground but my only means of landing is the ejector seat :)

I agree the choppers in original vietnam were much fun, especially as you could load em up with your own mp3's!

Luishi5k0

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 07:31:58 pm »

After flying the helicopter I realized some things that is does and how quick it jerks and turns are impossible in real world physics. The airplane controls much better on the other hand.

SilentEagle

• Sim Developer
    • Simulation Developer
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 12:50:27 am »

All aircraft/helicopter physics are determined by how the JSBSim aerodynamic/control config files are written.  Someone could create a plane that flies much more simply than a real world aircraft, but the included aircraft feature a higher level of realism than an "arcade mode" like most games.  In fact, I'd say many real world effects are not modeled in the flight config files of the aircraft provided with this engine, but everything is open for editing.

I also use a Sidewinder FF2 for Outerra and I have significant issues with controlling the yaw of the helicopter in forward flight, but the aircraft works perfectly for me.

zuluknob

i get the pulling left and pitching up problem and i am not using a joystick. even from a grounded start as soon as its airborne it starts pulling left.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...
Pages: [1] 2