Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wavy Shadows Problem / Other questions on page 2.  (Read 22398 times)

Oldtown

Re: Wavy Shadows.
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 10:00:22 am »

In the builder i can't find a water-button only in the vehicles-tab. So there must be a way ... and I want to know it :D
And Secret .. buy it. It is so cool to fly around with a heli :D

I wrote "(will do soon)"  >:(

I know how you feel ... I was forced to wait 4 DAYS!!! until I was able to purchase it. But waiting will pay off!

Luishi5k0

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 04:04:53 pm »

1. Another unrelated question but I do not want to make a thread for every question. Is there a way to get true full screen mode for better performance? It seems like it just runs over everything like in a window but maximized. Wouldn't it be better to run in true full screen mode (for performance) like other games?

2. Also how do I make this go away? This makes it unplayable, and it happens every time I press escape.

3. Any ETA on that black airplane prop fix? I really want to use it since the helicopter is essentially unusable for me.

4. Are they ever going to be model collisions implemented? I can currently pass vehicles through buildings.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:19:16 pm by Luishi5k0 »

Spudly

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 04:19:31 pm »

Another unrelated question but I do not want to make a thread for every question. Is there a way to get true full screen mode for better performance? It seems like it just runs over everything like in a window but maximized. Wouldn't it be better to run in true full screen mode (for performance) like other games?
It should be true fullscreen if you check the fullscreen checkbox.  Don't forget to restart the game for it to take effect.  If that doesn't work, try editing the eng.cfg file in your Data folder by changing "fullscreen" to true instead of false.

That other part Cameni will have to help you with, I haven't seen that type of thing since screenshots from ages ago.

Luishi5k0

Re: Wavy Shadows Problem / Other questions on page 2.
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »

It is enabled in the .cfg. It is "full-screen", but not true full screen where it takes priority over everything else.

Proof:
num_jobproc_threads = 1,
renderer_config =  (renderer_config) {
   screen_width = 5760,
   screen_height = 1080,
   fullscreen = true,
   swap_interval = 2,
   msaa = 0,
   debug_mode = false,
   debug_async = true,
   refresh_rate = 60
},

Also, is SLI utilized? I am watching my GPU temps to tell if it is using both cards, and I think it is, because I doubt it could run this well at my res on just one GTX 260.

Spudly

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 04:30:25 pm »

You might give it a try with SLI disabled, just to test it out.  The 2xx GPU series cards have definitely been known to have some strange driver type issues.

Luishi5k0

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

I actually can't turn off SLI just because of how NVIDIA does it's monitor drivers. But I doubt that it would cause that particular issue, since it looks like some debugging mode was turned on. Also I can now see that it is most likely using SLI, judging by the temps. Still wondering about those other things though.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 04:53:44 pm »

1, fullscreen is true, what makes you think it's not? There may be some SLI-related driver issues, SLI hasn't been tested
2, it's debug description that can be toggled by i key, no relation to esc unless the iomap.cfg got modified (check toggle_tile_info in devel section)
3, we could not simulate it yet. Does it happen to anyone who does not have a 2xx Nvidia card?
4, yes, wip

Luishi5k0

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »

Thank you once again for the fast reply, the support for this is great.
As for the fullscreen, I can keep the game running and alt tab, and like most games it does some sort of transition where the screen flashes. I'm sure anyone with a fullscreen game knows what I'm talking when you alt tab. In this case it keeps running and it just bring up the program right on top of it. Good to hear on the other stuff, except the airplane prop. I'm going to test a bunch of differant drivers to see if it changes anything.

It, like the shadows, seems to be based on angle. When I am flying certain directions I have no black box, but when flying/ looking in other directions it is there again. It kind of clips in and out as I turn. It also spins with the actual prop texture (which I can see when the black box is not there), which makes me feel like it's something directly related to the spinning texture its self.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:41 pm »

Can't simulate the the prop problem on ATI 6850 and Nvidia 460, and as far as I can remember everybody who reported had a 2xx card. Angrypig's going to test it on 250. If it shows only on these, it will be probably an unsupported texture format or blending mode ...

Luishi5k0

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 06:08:07 pm »

285.62 WHQL did not fix the problem. In fact it crashed my computer upon exiting the game, so screw that. Going back to the 285.79. As for the black box, just like the shadows, it disappears when I am facing away from the sun, and as I am facing towards the sun it appears again.

What sort of issues did people with 2xx series cards have on the 295.73?

mctash

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »

I have the black propellor problem, 9800gt.

Interestingly the propellor appears when you pitch the nose steep down. When you are in level flight or climbing black square appears. Its almost as if the propellor is always there but the black square obscures it. When diving the black square moves down of the screen exposing the propellor. Once you pull up the black square comes back up the screen again.

Luishi5k0

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35:55 pm »

I guess it is not just the 200 series that has this problem.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 07:42:09 pm »

Oh the joys of Open beta. To think of the problems that had to be overcome to get to this point and now a simple propeller texture issue is one of the biggest problems. Oh if you kids only knew the problems. They were the stuff of legend.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

mctash

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 07:44:26 pm »

hehe, it's only a problem because I'm not instrument rated ;)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 01:34:21 am »

2xx is more or less a rebranded 8800/9800 series, or at least the architecture is very similar ...
Pages: 1 [2] 3