Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Flight  (Read 23490 times)

zuluknob

Flight
« on: March 01, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

Using keyboard the plane constantly pulls to the left and pitches up no matter what the direction of travel.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

Luishi5k0

Re: Flight
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:11:56 pm »

Yep, same with me. Like I said in the other thread, flight physics settings are messed up or they actually do that in real life, which I don't think is the case.

PRiME

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:00:11 am »

Strong cross-winds maybe? LOL

Plane seems to work fine for me however the helicopter seems pretty hard to control, constantly spinning out so not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

SpaceFlight

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 03:13:07 am »

Using keyboard the plane constantly pulls to the left and pitches up no matter what the direction of travel.

The plane pulling left should actually be correct, because the propeller spin on small single engine planes pulls it to the left. It has to do with the direction the propeller is turning in.

The pitching up, I don't know.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:14:45 am by SpaceFlight »
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

zuluknob

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »

well i kind of fixed it....i created a new airoplane with http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/aeromatic2.html and gave it a rollsroyce jet engine. and replaced the xml for the cesna

Gain some altitude before spawning as it takes a while to get up to speed
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:10:59 pm by zuluknob »
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

Luishi5k0

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:04:36 pm »

Feel free to post that bad boy here. I want to try it too. Never mind, see you posted it. Thank you.

Those settings caused my airplane to fall like a brick.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:53:15 am by Luishi5k0 »

rubbish

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 08:07:40 am »

Yep I have the constant pitching up problem as well.  In both the cessna and apache.

zuluknob

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 09:00:58 am »

not sure if it's the problem or not but some of the xml's for flight gear have a point mass for the pilot of 168kg. i suppose if it's missing it could cause the pitching up. will try moving the mass of the engine forward as outerra crashes with a point mass included in the xml for the plane.

i have tried to replace the cesna's xml with the spec of a f-22 but from the runway it forces itself into a right hand spiral. i wonder if both engines are being started when pressing e. it settles down once its up to speed but is practically impossible to take off from a runway
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

[deleted]

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 09:10:14 am »

Yep I have the constant pitching up problem as well.  In both the cessna and apache.

There is a button to trim them. Check in options.

zuluknob

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 09:32:33 am »

trim dosen't work if your using keyboard
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

zuluknob

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 08:13:25 pm »

Feel free to post that bad boy here. I want to try it too. Never mind, see you posted it. Thank you.

Those settings caused my airplane to fall like a brick.
the sngine sounds like its running but its not so start it and pageup a few times to get full throtle. also spawn at a much higher altitude so it has chance to get up to speed. it was just messing about to find out what was causing the pitching up and the rolling left. have made a another one but it has some other problems.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

angrypig

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 01:32:30 pm »

Yep, same with me. Like I said in the other thread, flight physics settings are messed up or they actually do that in real life, which I don't think is the case.

The plane physics works perfectly normal. There is no support for trim on keyboard yet so the plane will always go up on full throttle. Solution is simple do not fly with full throttle. The constant pull to the left is caused by propeller and is usually corrected with trim too.

I will try to add some kind of automatic that will handle trim in keyboad mode.

trim dosen't work if your using keyboard

Trim currently work only if it is mapped to joystick's HAT button...

Plane seems to work fine for me however the helicopter seems pretty hard to control, constantly spinning out so not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

The helicopter has no automatic anti-torque control so it has to be corrected manually all the time in hover. In forward flight those forces are eliminated and the helicopter behave more like a plane.

Btw there is unfinished KBD support for the helicopter so don't try to fly without joystick.

zuluknob

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 06:58:09 pm »

ok, cool. I would guess that most people playing anteworld will do so with keyboard/mouse so some fly by mouse control would be nice. I have modded the xml to give the plane a f-22 spec(ish) with 2 engines. any idea why it spins off the runway when taking off? only thing i can see is that it has 2 engines. everything else is in balance, unless your code takes the actual model in to account. not that any of this should concern you while the game is this far along, just curious.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

SilentEagle

• Sim Developer
    • Simulation Developer
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:14 pm »

I don't believe it's possible to fly anything (successfully lol) with more than one engine.  The start engine button only seems to start engine 1.  I modified the flight gear f-22 model to work in Outerra and was thoroughly disappointed when i could control it :p

zuluknob

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 08:12:13 pm »

if you can get it airborne and up to speed it works.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...
Pages: [1] 2 3