Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra for linux  (Read 14472 times)

Catalanoic

• LINUX ROKX!
    • Ruta66
Outerra for linux
« on: October 30, 2011, 04:49:22 pm »

Is availible Outerra for Linux (Ubuntu deb, rpm, yum, sh, exe)?  Wine?! Add Linux Suport for Linux! Is posibly to add Outerra terraforming in Sauerbraten Cube Engine?

Thanks and Sorry for my bad English! :-X
VISCA ELS PAÏSOS CATALANS I VISCA LINUX!!!!!!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Outerra for linux
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:10:21 pm »

It's not yet available anywhere, but we are planning to have Linux/Mac supported as well. We are using only the portable libs.

As for adding the terrain engine to other game engines, it's not easily doable - the terrain engine depends on specific features of our 3D engine.

Catalanoic

• LINUX ROKX!
    • Ruta66
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:15:25 pm »

Thanks for the info, i strongly wait the linux port.
VISCA ELS PAÏSOS CATALANS I VISCA LINUX!!!!!!!

varikonniemi

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:34:42 am »

Could i suggest you would pick up the Linux side of things, and make the alpha also a first class Linux citizen.

I would really want to purchase the Outerra at this point, but for some reason or another, it is still M$ only.

So what is your ideas behind bringing the Linux Outerra out there? I would hate it if i could not get in on the cheaper Alpha registration prices just because you decide to add Linux support after full release...

Cheers.

[deleted]

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:24:19 pm »

It's over 900000000 !!!!!!!!!! There are already a lot of threads asking for linux port and linux support... FIRST CAMENI HAS to make Outerra/Anteworld better, then he can think about such things. Don't be impatient, let him do his work.
And last thing: use da bloody search function :|

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 12:30:20 pm »

I may not agree with secret's severity, but his point is valid.  The amount of work that goes into this project is staggering, and it's amazing that two people (cameni and angrypig) are making reasonable progress.  The Linux port will come, don't worry. :D It's just not going to be any time soon.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

[deleted]

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 12:35:36 pm »

I may not agree with secret's severity, but his point is valid.  The amount of work that goes into this project is staggering, and it's amazing that two people (cameni and angrypig) are making reasonable progress.  The Linux port will come, don't worry. :D It's just not going to be any time soon.

Yea because someone said Linux users support projects such as Humble Bundle more than Windows' ones just because of his sales. Linux is free. Windows is not. But that's another story...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:22:19 pm by secret1962 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 03:25:41 pm »

Could i suggest you would pick up the Linux side of things, and make the alpha also a first class Linux citizen.

I would really want to purchase the Outerra at this point, but for some reason or another, it is still M$ only.

So what is your ideas behind bringing the Linux Outerra out there? I would hate it if i could not get in on the cheaper Alpha registration prices just because you decide to add Linux support after full release...
http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.msg11692#msg11692

foobie42

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 08:52:44 am »

foobie42

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 09:47:35 am »