Anteworld - Outerra Game > Terrain & terrain data issues

The Netherlands didn't survive the apocalypse?

(1/3) > >>

JustRen:
First off, let me just say that I absolutely love what you guys are doing here, and I bought the full version as soon as I read it. After some experimenting around with the airplane and roads in the default location, I wanted to explore my homecountry, the Netherlands. So I filled in the lat & lon, it started loading up and I could make out the basic shape of the Netherlands. But as I started descending down to earth, I noticed almost 90% of the country was under water. Is this an issue that is going to be fixed later on (with the additions of rivers and such) or is this not going to be possible?

I've attached a screenshot with what should've been my city and country.

[deleted]:
The coasts of Italy are also filled with water. I mean, water starts before the actual land finishes (you can see by watching google earth in game). Maybe it was like this in the anteworld era ?

JustRen:
Well I know it's hard to not be able to create the perfect coastlines, but for a whole country to sink is a bit dramatic :p I just wanted to recreate a popular airport in the Netherlands so I could try to fly around, but it would mean that I'd create a nautical airport instead...

On another note, any flight-simmers out there?

Oldtown:
Take a look at the Northpole ... there are no glaciers ... all melt away so I guess the climatechange has also been simulated in Outerra ^^

[deleted]:
That's a good theory. Maybe it's a easter egg ?

EDIT: I am a sim player. I play falcon bms and DCS. And others, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version