Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Few Questions.  (Read 14328 times)

PRiME

Re: A Few Questions.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 11:16:19 pm »

When driving down hill you will find the truck may sink into the terrain, especially so if going fast. Guess that's on the to-fix list as well sometime.

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:50 pm »

Hi all

How can I remove airplanes, drop down by "accident"   ;)

How can I change the truck or the plane while the game runing? The "old" one allways stay there.  :-\
Resident of Outerra

Luishi5k0

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 04:04:38 pm »

Can you remove them with the object editor? Wow you must be getting like 10 FPS there. Outerra seems to chug when there are models. I don't know why. The terrain has thousands of polygons, but when it comes to a few polygons in a model, boy do the FPS go down. On the "Temple" location, just deleting the helicopter that is there took me from 17fps to 23fps. Pretty harsh.

PRiME

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 04:16:52 pm »

I placed the ISS down and it didn't seem to impact my performance much, however I do have a Nvidia 560Ti.  What video card are you running Luish?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:40:09 pm by PRiME »

angrypig

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 04:17:47 pm »

How can I remove airplanes, drop down by "accident"   ;)

How can I change the truck or the plane while the game runing? The "old" one allways stay there.  :-\

It is not possible in the current version i will look at this issue soon...

PRiME

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 04:24:37 pm »

It be nice if there was a little menu you could bring up like a Object Tracker, as I have placed a few things around the world by mistake as well, doubt I will find them all again LOL

Luishi5k0

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:09 pm »

I'm running dual GTX 260's (Core 216). I was at 39 FPS in the default location, then I spawned the ISS and it dropped to 17 FPS. I'd say that's a little much for my taste.

Then after I closed the program my computer locked up and crashed. It's stating to bother me a bit. It happens about 1 out of every 3 times, and it seems more so when I deal with objects being placed.

PRiME

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 04:52:18 pm »

I do not know if Outerra likes SLI mode or not, try see what happens in non-sli mode. But really you shouldn't see such a impact on that rig, unless your running defective drivers. Some of the latest Nvidia drivers can be troublesome for older video cards.  Two GTX260's should be more powerful then my 560ti.

Luishi5k0

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 05:09:11 pm »

That may be the case but I cannot turn off SLI because I'm running 3 monitors in NVIDIA Surround mode. Drivers are the new 295's, but I remember it crashing on the 285's as well.

angrypig

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 05:15:48 pm »

I'm running dual GTX 260's (Core 216). I was at 39 FPS in the default location, then I spawned the ISS and it dropped to 17 FPS. I'd say that's a little much for my taste.

Then after I closed the program my computer locked up and crashed. It's stating to bother me a bit. It happens about 1 out of every 3 times, and it seems more so when I deal with objects being placed.

The ISS has more than one million triangles! And there is some performance issue on NV 2xx cards in current version. One million triangles will slow down performance on every card, especially with such non-optimized object like the ISS.

Luishi5k0

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 05:19:24 pm »

That would do it! It looked pretty darn high poly when I looked at it. Do you think my cards being 2xx series contribute to the regular BSOD's and OS crashing that I am experiencing?

angrypig

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 05:34:26 pm »

That would do it! It looked pretty darn high poly when I looked at it. Do you think my cards being 2xx series contribute to the regular BSOD's and OS crashing that I am experiencing?

Yes there is a bug on Nvidia 2xx cards that cause random crashes (probably driver issue). We will have the Nvidia 280 for testing at the end of this week, i hope we will find out what is causing these crashes.

Luishi5k0

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 05:39:15 pm »

I do too. Thank you for looking into it!

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 12:44:40 pm »

Some more questions:  ;)

It's there any Roadmap when you implement things like bridges, tunnels, lakes, rivers and so?

It's somewhere a user manual for keys like "R" going up, "F" going down, "G" open Google Maps, "C" change camera view, et cetera?
Resident of Outerra

Tango91

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:16 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3