Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51

Author Topic: Graphics driver issues, startup problems (32 bit)  (Read 514259 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Graphics driver issues, startup problems
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:54 am »

Here's a performance/price comparison of graphics cards: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2013, 08:53:16 am »

4890 would be supported (I think Zeos here is running just that card), but since AMD discontinued the support for anything older than 5xxx cards while the OpenGL driver was still buggy, you will get driver crashes and various artifacts.

The last driver for 4890 is the legacy 12.6 driver.

Just discovered that AMD has released new legacy drivers: AMD Catalyst 13.1 Legacy Download

giucam

• It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2013, 09:52:23 am »

Yes, but they don't help :(
ResidualVM 0.1.1 is OUT! www.residualvm.org

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2013, 01:43:46 pm »

I will try them. My OT is working just crashes a lot. So if it stops working with these expect FIRE AND BRIMSTONE to reign down. That is all.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2013, 01:16:43 am »

Hi guys,
I ran OT demo successfully on HP probook 4530s, but fail to run HP probook 4540s which is 3rd generation with Ivy bridge (card is mobility 7600). I have read HP document which states that applications that uses opengl will not switch to ati card. For your information i tried every possible option. Updated bios tried drivers that you provided on demo page due to those drivers i ran demo on 4530, but there is another problem with this generation, there is no option in bios to switch to discrete card, no option in ati control panel to select processor manually in 4540s. You also stated that Ivy bridge support will be added later. Sorry for the long story. So my question is, is there any solution to run OT demo on 4540s? The OT demo is very slow on 4530s. Is there any driver or option that i run OT demo?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #275 on: February 22, 2013, 01:40:05 am »

For some reason AMD doesn't support forcing the use of ATI cards in OpenGL, and the only known way until they implement it was to switch to the ATI card in bios. If there's no such option in bios, then it's a problem of the manufacturer (HP) who occasionally updates the bios and provides it later.

Ivy bridge issues are still not resolved, there's a lot of problems with the drivers.

There's no other way I know of, I've seen users asking for it on many forums already.

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2013, 01:44:44 am »

Thank you cameni for quick response. I am Trying different options. If i am succeeded then i will let you know.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:06:22 pm by sniperwolfpk5 »

connectamabob

« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2013, 10:43:40 pm »

Tesselation is a DX11 only feature, doesn't apply here. Changing any of those options should not have such effect.
I'm not able to reproduce it on 6850 I have got here now, and the 7850 we have is faulty and freezes the system ...

I'm running an HD 6870 (Catalyst 13.1, first install on a new Win8 install, so should be clean), and experienced the exact same issue/results as Djt and Elfootman.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:24 am »

The issue should have been fixed with recent versions, but you have to download the latest full install (http://demo.outerra.com) and reinstall. If not, please post the eng.log file.

connectamabob

« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2013, 08:10:06 am »

That's the version I'm already using. I literally just found out about Outerra and downloaded/installed it this afternoon (well, yesterday afternoon now).

Or do you mean the pay version?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2013, 10:24:35 am »

No, the demo version. Can you post your eng.log? Should be in c:\users\yourname\outerra\eng.log

connectamabob

« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2013, 11:38:16 am »

Sure thing. Here you go.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2013, 12:04:39 pm »

Hmm seems to have some problem with refining terrain like mad and running out of memory. Not sure why. Can you try AMD 13.3 beta drivers?

connectamabob

« Reply #283 on: March 25, 2013, 12:38:03 am »

I wanted to see different places/topographies, so I'd zoom the camera up into orbit, roll around the planet, then zoom back down. As long as I was at a more airplane-like altitude or lower, the engine would run perfectly smooth, but when I got up to orbit it would chug for a really long time as it loaded/generated all the new terrain. Once I got back down it would take around five minutes for the engine to catch up and finish refining the area I'd arrived at.

When I'd go up to orbit, 2/3 of the planet covering the entire western hemisphere and more would just be a blank empty shell. This also happened when using the location tab to "teleport" to Los Angeles: I'd "teleport" to a close up of an empty non-surface which would never load/resolve into actual terrain.

When I tried again today, the LA area loaded in fine apon "teleport", but the controlls were acting buggy: the roll keys (Q and E) woldn't respond, and the movement speed was capped somehow far below the value displayed on the HUD by the mousewheel control. I removed the existing log file so it'd generate a fresh one, and restarted, at which point the controls were working properly again, and I was able to zoom up to orbit, observing that a much smaller section of the planet was loading as blank than before, then zoom down to the Australian coast and watch it refine (still slowly, but noticeably much faster than it would yesterday with similar experiments). It looks like maybe the engine is downloading entire sections of the planet as well as terrain refinement parameters on an as-needed basis. Rubbish of me to guess, given how little I know about how this works, but maybe it's trying to start the next level of refinement without waiting for the needed packets to finish downloading, causing it to just repeatedly loop refinement at that level?

I'll try the 13.3 Beta, see what that does. In the meantime, here's the new log from the above (if that's helpful or just redundant, I don't know, my apologies if the latter):

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2013, 12:21:33 pm »

Have you tried downloading all the 11.8 GB data?Or you don't have HD space where you have the engine installed?Maybe it will work somehow different.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51