Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 51

Author Topic: Graphics driver issues, startup problems (32 bit)  (Read 510896 times)

adriaan

Re: Graphics driver issues, startup problems
« Reply #315 on: May 25, 2013, 08:24:51 pm »

i have the same thing!! i fear the servers are down:'(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR
« Reply #317 on: May 27, 2013, 09:13:13 pm »

Absolutely epic inside a Rift! This engine badly needs a game!

Willing

« Reply #318 on: June 10, 2013, 03:54:41 pm »

Hi there--First poster here. Downloaded the demo, and had to purchase it right away because of how cool this stuff is. Kudos to the dev team.
Now, my problem. I've been getting black screens at startup--I'll boot in, and nothing will pop up. If I do get in, I'll be fine for about 5 minutes, and then boom, it crashes to a black screen. I can still access the Outerra menu, but nothing else
System specs--AMD 6870 1GB, i5-2500k@3.3ghz, 8GB g.skill, Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB.
I've tried deleting my .cfg files. Didn't do anything. I recently reinstalled W7 Pro 64 bit about 2 weeks ago, so I'm on a clean install of AMDs newest drivers. I've made sure to turn off any programs that might make Outerra unhappy--Steam and the like. This problem started about 2 or 3 days ago, and I haven't installed any new programs/games in the day or two before these errors started appearing.
Attached is a pic of what my black screen looks like.

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #319 on: June 10, 2013, 04:22:45 pm »

hmmm your lat and lon make no sense!? did you crash the plane? go through the floor? them numbers are really messed up! might explain why you cant see anything! have you tried spawning to a different place when that happens?
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2013, 02:05:09 am »

Does this happen only with a spawned aircraft, or even when you are in UFO mode?
Please attach your eng.log from Outerra data directory.

Willing

« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2013, 01:27:37 pm »

This problem seems to occur mostly when I'm flying a plane...Can't exactly pinpoint if it's happened in UFO mode.
I will get that black screen from 1) Crashing in-game, and 2) booting into the game after initializing the world. I have noticed when I have the Google map enabled, when it crashes to black screen, I will be shown to be thousands of miles away from where I previously was(Usually over Western Africa)--i.e. I was flying around near Los Angeles one time, and then when the black screen happened, Google Maps said I was over the western coast of Africa.
Here's a pic from one of today's crashes--I was just flying over Mount Everest in the default spawn area, and boom, suddenly I'm over Africa. This crash was after about 5-10 mins of flying in the Mig-29.
Also, I did a fresh re-install of Outerra last night, just to see if that would help.
Also, my eng.log is 680 KB, so I attached my eng.cfg.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2013, 05:18:45 am »

So far the issue seems to be caused by JSBSim flight dynamics library sometimes returning invalid numbers, that end up putting the plane somewhere into the space. Both the position and the time of day are the result of the wrong position, since the time of day is a solar time, computed using the position itself.

Finding out the problem in JSBSim may take a longer time, but for the time being we'll try to handle it more gracefully.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:20:32 am by cameni »

giucam

• It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2013, 08:40:03 am »

This happened to me once, with the Yamaha spawned. It was jumping and rolling in the air after it touched the ground and suddenly the screen turned black. The time was NaN:NaN and i could not change it, but i think the coordinates were right, or at least they weren't absurd numbers like the ones in the screenshot above.

Restarting Outerra or changing manually the time in world.cfg didn't work, but after i replaced some dirs (data, cache) with the vanilla ones it started working right again.
ResidualVM 0.1.1 is OUT! www.residualvm.org

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:56 am »

We found one issue that was causing this behavior - it happened when the camera was in the third-person follow mode.

giucam

• It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2013, 09:37:45 am »

Ah, it probably was that. I cannot say if it was in follow mode, but it was third person.
ResidualVM 0.1.1 is OUT! www.residualvm.org

Willing

« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2013, 02:29:05 pm »

Yeah, I would have to agree with  that. I don't have a joystick, so I prefer flying in 3rd person--the second 3rd-person setting to be exact. I think it's called "Third Person Follow"?

albx

« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2013, 11:14:23 am »

Hello, I have a problem... the demo doesn't start... give me an error

Error initializing OpenGL subsystem. This program requires OpenGL 3.3 capable graphics card with recent drivers.
No suitable pixel format found

ati 6950 with latest drivers... log file attached

thank you...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2013, 11:31:16 am »

I would try a clean reinstall of the drivers first, as described in the first post. You seem to have no injected modules there that could interfere, so it seems to be solely a driver problem.

albx

« Reply #329 on: June 16, 2013, 12:28:14 pm »

I would try a clean reinstall of the drivers first, as described in the first post. You seem to have no injected modules there that could interfere, so it seems to be solely a driver problem.

thanks, did a driver clean with ati utility and it worked... :-)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 51