Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51

Author Topic: Graphics driver issues, startup problems (32 bit)  (Read 510869 times)

Dharma Initiative

• Enter: 4815162342
Re: Graphics driver issues, startup problems
« Reply #615 on: January 26, 2016, 06:54:59 am »

Oh wow now we go spiritual here huh ? Sorry but I don't pray to technology ! :) lol !

Dharma Initiative

« Reply #616 on: February 01, 2016, 09:12:44 pm »

so i guess i'm stuck with this purple nvidia bug issue , cause i'm not going back ! other games works perfect as well fsx ! so yeah i'll just waited for next driver release hopefully it will fix ! um maybe anybody here who works on this engine who programs it could code a manual fix maybe ? isn't it time already for a new version of this game/engine ? i mean c'mon we've been on this current release since last year something can't remember exact date but surely long enough ! not saying this to piss anyone off but to just give hint instead ! otherwise good year to everyone and much goodluck in everything in your lifes people ! never mind me much i'm just a nice guy who thinks positively all the time ! peace.

PRiME

« Reply #617 on: February 03, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »

Maybe you can find the offending DLL file and just hotwire it into the Outerra directory to resolve the issue? this is commonly done with AMD drivers that have issues.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #618 on: February 04, 2016, 03:13:22 am »

We will have a detection and a workaround in the next build. The workaround isn't nice as it basically throws away mipmaps on the problematic textures, resulting in trees and terrain having some noise, but it's better than the purple mess.

Nvidia acknowledged the problem and they are working on a fix.

Dharma Initiative

« Reply #619 on: February 04, 2016, 08:49:44 am »

You mean that they now know our situation here ? Really ? This current desktop 361.82 driver still got the purples (not blues) for us ! Lol ! So yeah in hopes of resolve soon ! Fingers crossed !

PRiME

« Reply #620 on: February 04, 2016, 09:10:54 am »

Seems AMD and Nvidia are forever breaking stuff in OpenGL, really they should have a few games on their test bed to test out opengl before releasing a driver!  Just seems they completely ignore OpenGL testing when it comes to driver release.

HiFlyer

« Reply #621 on: February 04, 2016, 01:05:12 pm »

Maybe they hope opengl will go away. Like glide! 😁
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Dharma Initiative

« Reply #622 on: February 05, 2016, 06:19:29 am »

I see ! It makes sense now what with this purple hayz :) they are all deciding for us :( ! Like we're immature !

Fireinthehole

« Reply #623 on: February 24, 2016, 11:34:31 am »

I'm no good with computers. I have the AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card and latest drivers installed. Outerra crashes upon starting and I get a message saying that graphic drivers crashed and reset. Is my card too weak?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #624 on: February 24, 2016, 04:21:08 pm »

It's not particularly fast, but that's no reason for crashing. The crash is likely because of a graphics driver issue, and it's usually necessary to reinstall the drivers cleanly.

Dharma Initiative

« Reply #625 on: February 25, 2016, 12:39:20 am »

You  sir ! Fireinthehole pretty much answered your self with the question there ! Driver issue ! Me my self I'm wondering is any works at all is being carried over the engine it's self ? Is anyone still working on it is the project active at all ? Because I start outerra everyday and have it run on its own even with purple stuff on nvidia color issue ! But I see no changes even in the charges of the earth it's self at all ! I really really hope that we could get at least for now a workaround or a fix of some sort of with this nvidia bug because I really don't want to go back that old driver anymore because other games such as FSX perform way better with now latest driver ! I'm only hoping that with each new driver at least next one will fix this issue here but who knows ! Otherwise good luck to everyone who's working on this amazing project I really believe in its future of vast capabilities !

Andy81le

« Reply #626 on: March 01, 2016, 12:10:28 pm »

The purple graphics issue still persists with the newest Nvidia drivers (362.00)

HiFlyer

« Reply #627 on: March 01, 2016, 01:05:30 pm »

The purple graphics issue still persists with the newest Nvidia drivers (362.00)

Fascinating. (cocks one eyebrow) Perhaps Vulkan is the 'logical' alternative.  =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #628 on: March 01, 2016, 01:33:36 pm »

It usually took 3-6 months or more for AMD fixes to appear in release builds, and it's not that different for Nvidia. It has to go through several stages of testing; a dev build contains lots of changes and it cannot be simply released, potentially breaking everything.

Also, why do you think Vulkan is going to help here? It has tons of bugs currently, and in OT we were always hitting special corners - these will be in Vulkan drivers for a long time yet.

2eyed

« Reply #629 on: March 01, 2016, 01:46:06 pm »

It usually took 3-6 months or more for AMD fixes to appear in release builds, and it's not that different for Nvidia. It has to go through several stages of testing; a dev build contains lots of changes and it cannot be simply released, potentially breaking everything.

Does this mean, we have to live in a purple world for the next few months (for the ones in the green camp).
No real fix for the next release of OT? Only a workaround?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51