Anteworld - Outerra Game > Tech demo, support, updates

New patch: 0.7.11.2989

(1/9) > >>

cameni:
Changes since 2985:

* added FOV to graphics config (doesn't need restart)
* automatic limiter adjustment taking the terrain quality, FOV and aspect ratio into account
Previously you had to adjust the fractal tile limit when you adjusted the quality, now it's automated. It also enlarges the tile cache when you use a higher FOV or a higher aspect ratio. Be sure you have enough memory on your card - if you run out of the GPU memory, the card will start swapping and the performance will go down rapidly
* added disable_composition to render_config it disable Aero if it set to true
* fixed USB device detection on Win XP
* fixed crashes on Win XP64
* road tangents can be set to fit the previous or next segment. Still need to write a blog post explaining it all ...
* fixed Google maps edit mode when opened from sandbox
* fixed road selection (degenerate endpoints)
Patch 2992:

* fixed startup issue with Win XP for real  ::)
* relaxed the coefficient that reserves GPU memory with adjusted terrain quality - previous one was too pessimistic and used much more than it actually needed
Windows XP users that updated to 2989/2900 version please download and run this patch manually: Anteworld-0.7.11.2968.patch-2992.exe

Luishi5k0:
I am amazed at how fast these patches are rolling out. Keep up the great work!
Applied the patch and everything seems to be fine. I was getting 23 FPS with Aero, now I am getting 28, but then I turned terrain resolution from 480p to 360p and now I run at a smooth 35-40 at 5760x1080. I'm loving it!

C. Shawn Smith:
Unable to place any static objects.  The axes are flickering when I select a portion of the ground.  Also, the bounding box shows up, and I'm able to "level" the ground underneath, just can't place the object itself.

Luishi5k0:
Strange, I can still place objects normally.

cameni:
Hmm, no idea what could cause this, what changes did you make in the configuration?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version