Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 85

Author Topic: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!  (Read 488511 times)

josem75

Re: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!
« Reply #630 on: January 20, 2015, 06:48:20 pm »

F-117 Nighthawk, awesome Levi! I can't wait to see the FDM for that.
This model gave me a lot of trouble regarding mesh optimization, and I even had to entirely redo some parts, and improve others.
Before I start working on the FDM and animations, I still have to drastically reduce the number of textures(it uses over 260 different textures  :o) in order to minimize draw-calls.

Here's a screenshot with the cockpit:

And some showing the front side:

P.s. Beautiful sunset M7!

Omg Levi.  If we didnt have Brano Kemen (and angry pig, and this great engine), you would be the God of the year.. (but also would be unfair forget all the other people contributing like acetone, andfly, m7, pyton, big etc).
I cant wait for this new amazing contribution. Thank you all!

I will try to help in things i can handle (i used to work with 3d for arquitechture).
By the way i think we share language (spanish).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:53:22 pm by josem75 »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #631 on: January 21, 2015, 09:12:05 am »

Levi, your works are truly remarkable,
What is the hardest part? animation or long (and least complicated for me) script? I read that you're planning some helicopters, you may anticipate what models it?
I believe that the rotary wing should be reinforced in outerra, the environment is particularly suitable.
I have several very beautiful models, extracted from FSX, but I have no permissions and I have to admit that the work is complicated, congratulations again for the good work and thanks to you and to all those who strive for the happiness of all users outerra.
Thank you for your kind words konaone, I really appreciate that!

Yes, I have three helicopters to be ported in Outerra, and those are:

(Screenshots taken from within FSX)

AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin:

Bell AH-1 SuperCobra:

Sikorsky H-19:

I completely agree with you, we definitely should have more Rotorcraft in Outerra. Before I finish the F-117, I plan to start working on the Merlin.

As for the models you extracted, if they are Payware, unfortunately I think that there's a very little chance to none, to get permission for porting them here...

This thing looks beautifully 'ugly' Levi! not a single curve  =D  and 260 textures... that's madness!!
That's right, not a single curve, but as you say, it's ugliness, makes it beautiful! And yes, too many textures, I wonder why was it made like that...

Levi, I am seriously stoked for this!

Regards,
Uriah
Glad to hear that! ^-^

Omg Levi.  If we didnt have Brano Kemen (and angry pig, and this great engine), you would be the God of the year.. (but also would be unfair forget all the other people contributing like acetone, andfly, m7, pyton, big etc).
I cant wait for this new amazing contribution. Thank you all!

I will try to help in things i can handle (i used to work with 3d for arquitechture).
By the way i think we share language (spanish).
Thank you for your compliments, much appreciated!
Yep, I speak Spanish too. ^-^

HiFlyer

« Reply #632 on: January 21, 2015, 09:37:56 am »

I still have no notion like one must make the track-animation, but I hope we together
this are got anyhow there. UV-Mapping is made later...

... much definitely AH-DG ! I aint letting my future BMP and your SDKFZs running on some old-school texture animation of tracks !  8)

P.S.: If you planning to re-model the targeting arm, then i hope its far easier than at the ZU-23-2, cause that one is a nightmare of ingenuity.

Is This informative?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:51:54 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #633 on: January 21, 2015, 11:27:33 am »

You can not use a pre-defined animation sequence on a detailed track. There are several problems to this thing:

--- circular movement along the track profile - you have to define the Y and Z movement of a single track piece for an circulatory manner, that has a defined shape. (is not as much the rieal problem)

--- incremental Z movement variation - meaning, when the track-leading wheels are suspended, you have to modify the Z coordinate of the tracks according to the nearest one or two leading wheels suspension state  --- if the circular function works, this can be taken as an additional stage, where you need also to know, when, during the circular rotation, the track is at the place of 1-st, 2-nd ... leading wheel and in this position it will add or take the suspension wheel position induced Z-value.

--- track lenght - and this is the most problematic (and have no image how to approach) is, that when the suspension additions and takes from the incremental Z movements change, on local level, lenght of the track between two leading wheels differs, meaning, if nothing is done with it, it will lead in forming gaps and mesh-collisions (one mesh going into another) witch would look like it disassembles on the move. its not only, that these are the case, but you also have an "stretching-wheel" , witch, when all leading wheels go up, has to compensate the loss of the stretching force (usually the front or rear one (opposite the engine-connected one giving the movement force to the track)) by going along the Y axe (front-back, Z is up-down).

--- speed - it has to be taken from the vehicles engines props and be in synch. with all the wheels armatures falling into the gaps of the track - at points where suspension works, it might fall out of it, and the stretching one too, as at stretching/relaxing the track, its rotation speed differs according to the tracks "stretch".

--- wehicle mass induced animations - meaning, if an armor speeds up or brakes, its leaning itself on its suspension forward and back. Doe, as the force and stretching wheels are always mounted on the vehicle frame, it isnt a problem as it ends up being taken up from the leading-wheels suspension movement. BUT there are designs, that could have the track-compartment on an different level. One of such vehicles is DT-30 Vityaz:

... its not a vehicle whyte a cart, but an two-segment vehicle where the rotation of the "cart segment" can be manipulated by an hydraulic system at the connection place between them (its for enhanced maneuverability in especially bad terrains and clearance manipulation). There would be a need to find a way to have aether double-physics objects (simply said having each component its own physics calculated but working then as one) or a way to modify the seconds tracks orientation in regard to the models main pivot point. ( But dont think anyone is going t try that stuff :D )

This all needs normal wheels defined in the vehicle script (the leading ones) doing the actual work and the animation getting real-time status info about theyr position, affecting the mentioned math for a single track.   I would prefer finding an function, where you do this for a single track and each other would have just some "delay" constant, placing it behind the forward one.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:42:36 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #634 on: January 21, 2015, 11:33:20 am »

Even these simple tricks exceed what we have now, which is nada.

Take baby steps; walk before you run..... etc.  =D

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

konaone

« Reply #635 on: January 21, 2015, 02:41:46 pm »

Levi beautiful models, fully animated? doors, wheels and set in motion?
I look forward to fly it !!!!! :)

PytonPago, are the tracks for your bmp ... 1? -2? or 3? :D

Jagerbomber

« Reply #636 on: January 21, 2015, 02:51:50 pm »

Come on guys, vehicle discussion thread is here:
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=257.0
or in their respective topic categories.

This is the Outerra screenshot thread.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

HiFlyer

« Reply #637 on: January 21, 2015, 03:04:00 pm »

Once this gets done, everyone will take screenshots of it!!!  =D

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #638 on: January 22, 2015, 04:04:25 am »

Pardon me.  ::)

Once this gets done, everyone will take screenshots of it!!!  =D

Videos HiFlyer, VIDEOS ! Cant take just photos of that in work  ::) ...      .... and thats also another topic as i remember.  =D

PytonPago, are the tracks for your bmp ... 1? -2? or 3? :D

BMP-2 preferably, cause its from the later Soviet-Afghan war and I-st Chechen campain era. But having it work would be good enough, just the possibilityes !
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:45:17 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #639 on: January 23, 2015, 10:01:00 am »

Levi beautiful models, fully animated? doors, wheels and set in motion?
I look forward to fly it !!!!! :)
I haven't converted those helicopters yet, the screenshots are form FSX.

You're right, sorry for the off topic here. I'll try to avoid that in the future. :-[

M7

« Reply #640 on: January 23, 2015, 10:12:59 am »

I'm looking forward to see these heli in game.

zzz

« Reply #641 on: January 25, 2015, 07:56:42 am »

500km space elevator

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #642 on: January 27, 2015, 08:13:06 am »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #643 on: January 27, 2015, 09:18:46 am »

zzz

« Reply #644 on: January 27, 2015, 10:08:29 am »

[img width=1200 height=675]http://i.imgur.com/2aZCuHM.jpg[/ig]

[img width=1200 height=675]http://i.imgur.com/PxjXOkx.jpg[/ig]

Are those runway markers a trick of the light or is there a way to get objects to stay bright in darkness?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 85