Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 85

Author Topic: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!  (Read 484997 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2015, 08:44:16 am »

I still have no notion like one must make the track-animation, but I hope we together
this are got anyhow there. UV-Mapping is made later...

... much definitely AH-DG ! I aint letting my future BMP and your SDKFZs running on some old-school texture animation of tracks !  8)

P.S.: If you planning to re-model the targeting arm, then i hope its far easier than at the ZU-23-2, cause that one is a nightmare of ingenuity. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:00:24 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #616 on: January 17, 2015, 04:42:55 am »

konaone

« Reply #617 on: January 17, 2015, 04:48:03 am »

where did this beauty ?? :D

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #618 on: January 17, 2015, 05:11:38 am »

where did this beauty ?? :D
It's a work in progress at this moment. ^-^

PytonPago

« Reply #619 on: January 17, 2015, 05:34:02 am »

Nice model there !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #620 on: January 19, 2015, 06:14:07 pm »

First pic with Uriah sundown env setting

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #621 on: January 19, 2015, 09:53:18 pm »

F-117 Nighthawk, awesome Levi! I can't wait to see the FDM for that.

M7, I will work on a spreadsheet for different environment settings so you type in the altitude/time of day and it calculates the correct settings.

M7

« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2015, 12:03:55 am »

Thanks Uriah!

HiFlyer

« Reply #623 on: January 20, 2015, 03:37:19 am »

M7, I will work on a spreadsheet for different environment settings so you type in the altitude/time of day and it calculates the correct settings.

I wonder how much work and programming time it would take for the guys to have the settings change dynamically for the best/most accurate effect?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #624 on: January 20, 2015, 04:33:25 am »

I think lots of these come down to lacking HDR adjustment, and mainly to how the white balance is modeled. Because the problem is that OT uses physical values when integrating light scattering and computing the attenuation, so the values you get should be reasonably close to the real light (there are some simplifications though). However, human eye and brain does a hell of a job adapting, as anyone can check by turning off white balance on a digital camera and view light levels captured by it on a display.

What the brain does with regards to white balance (perceiving a paper sheet as white even during sunset or the blue hour), or enhancing the contrast, must be approximated algorithmically in a post-process pass, as the brain will see the real values as fake when the display is just a part of the viewing area.

The balancing is somewhat subjective and therefore could be in theory manually adjusted or the coefficients assembled into a lookup table, but it would be good to eliminate all things that can be factored out, to reduce the lookup table size, or to transform it into some curve coefficients.

What the WB code currently does is taking a white sheet and computing how it's lighted, and renormalizing all the colors so that this color is perceived as white, or close to it to mimic what the brain does.

Note this does not take into account that people routinely mismatch different lighting conditions, and try to adapt OT to render something they want to see, but with sun positioned so that it would be not possible in real life. For example, with clear sky, when sun is low, sun rays pass long way through the atmosphere, resulting in a lot of what is perceived as the haze (actually light in-scattered into the viewing ray). With sun up you get a lot less haze and much clearer views, but it's not as nice. It's different when clouds partly obstruct the low sun, and the ground is illuminated by the sky in greater amount. Again, white balance and HDR will mess it up.
I'm afraid that people will try to achieve something they have seen in different conditions, and it will never work consistently, especially if it's a postprocess hack and not something physical.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #625 on: January 20, 2015, 05:28:12 am »

This model gave me a lot of trouble regarding mesh optimization, and I even had to entirely redo some parts, and improve others.
Before I start working on the FDM and animations, I still have to drastically reduce the number of textures(it uses over 260 different textures  :o) in order to minimize draw-calls.

Here's a screenshot with the cockpit:

And some showing the front side:

P.s. Beautiful sunset M7!

M7

« Reply #626 on: January 20, 2015, 09:36:46 am »

This thing looks beautifully 'ugly' Levi! not a single curve  =D  and 260 textures... that's madness!!

PytonPago

« Reply #627 on: January 20, 2015, 09:44:27 am »

That pit ! ....

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #628 on: January 20, 2015, 12:48:16 pm »

Cameni, that makes so much sense, thank you for explaining in detail. It definitely seems that the scattering needs to be high, at low altitude, in order to see a colorful sunset, but at higher altitude high scattering will just make the world have a uniform haze. Altitude seems to play a major factor.

Levi, I am seriously stoked for this!

Regards,
Uriah

konaone

« Reply #629 on: January 20, 2015, 05:39:16 pm »

Levi, your works are truly remarkable,
What is the hardest part? animation or long (and least complicated for me) script? I read that you're planning some helicopters, you may anticipate what models it?
I believe that the rotary wing should be reinforced in outerra, the environment is particularly suitable.
I have several very beautiful models, extracted from FSX, but I have no permissions and I have to admit that the work is complicated, congratulations again for the good work and thanks to you and to all those who strive for the happiness of all users outerra.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 85