Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 85

Author Topic: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!  (Read 485190 times)

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
Re: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!
« Reply #660 on: February 09, 2015, 06:27:33 am »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #661 on: February 09, 2015, 07:46:59 am »

josem75

« Reply #662 on: February 09, 2015, 10:33:26 am »

:-O Levi are u working in that Sea Monster? Or is just for private use?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #663 on: February 09, 2015, 02:38:13 pm »

It will come at some point in the future, along with a beautifully detailed Boeing F/A-18 Hornet. :)

But we would really need the ability to land aircraft on top of watercraft for that thing...

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #664 on: February 09, 2015, 02:57:22 pm »

Levi,

Try importing the aircraft carrier as a static object place it in the ocean and see if the collision allows you to land. There might be a way to bind a collision mesh to watercraft, using a copy of the carrier deck mesh imported as a static object. It could use a transparent material too so the collision mesh is invisible.

Regards,
Uriah

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #665 on: February 09, 2015, 03:40:09 pm »

Levi,

Try importing the aircraft carrier as a static object place it in the ocean and see if the collision allows you to land. There might be a way to bind a collision mesh to watercraft, using a copy of the carrier deck mesh imported as a static object. It could use a transparent material too so the collision mesh is invisible.

Regards,
Uriah
The carrier was imported as a static object, but aircraft completely ignores it's collision box.

It seems that aircraft only interacts with the terrain at this moment. I hope the collision support will be extended in the future...

josem75

« Reply #666 on: February 09, 2015, 07:01:16 pm »

It will come at some point in the future, along with a beautifully detailed Boeing F/A-18 Hornet. :)

But we would really need the ability to land aircraft on top of watercraft for that thing...

It will be amazing!

I dont know the actual status of the collisions in outerra. But maybe objects collide with all the surface. And for refine collisions we need add some material stuff like we do in cryengine?

I will put you one example with my snow towers:

Here is the video of the collision.

View My Video

It seems the collision take the object as a box.
Here the picture of the moment of the collision:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:22:27 pm by josem75 »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #667 on: February 10, 2015, 03:02:31 am »

It will be amazing!

I dont know the actual status of the collisions in outerra. But maybe objects collide with all the surface. And for refine collisions we need add some material stuff like we do in cryengine?

I will put you one example with my snow towers:

Here is the video of the collision.

View My Video

It seems the collision take the object as a box.
Here the picture of the moment of the collision:

There's a brief doc about the collision shapes for vehicles and static objects.
If there are no collision shapes defined, the engine takes the model's bounding box for the collision.

P.s. We're going off topic. If you don't mind, let's take this discussion out of this thread.

HiFlyer

« Reply #668 on: February 20, 2015, 10:27:41 pm »

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #669 on: February 21, 2015, 12:54:01 am »

Amazing!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

aWac9

« Reply #670 on: February 21, 2015, 05:47:00 am »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #671 on: February 21, 2015, 05:50:32 am »

Nice shots HiFlyer! Let me guess, Avsim screenshot section will soon have a new Outerra shots post?  ;)

Annnd yes !

Also, if you have some time, you can share the screens on r/flightsim (you can use Imgur to post a full album). People here are always happy to see some Outerra stuff :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:00:36 am by Acetone »

HiFlyer

« Reply #672 on: February 21, 2015, 06:10:40 am »

Nice shots HiFlyer! Let me guess, Avsim screenshot section will soon have a new Outerra shots post?  ;)

Annnd yes !

Also, if you have some time, you can share the screens on r/flightsim (you can use Imgur to post a full album). People here are always happy to see some Outerra stuff :)

I tried to share on R/games and they gave me such a contorted runaround that I've pretty much soured on reddit.  =|

First they deleted my post saying the description needed to be two paragraphs long at a minimum.

Then they deleted the next attempt at a repost as "Self Promotion"

At that point I decided I was dealing with crazy people.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:12:49 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #673 on: February 21, 2015, 07:10:50 am »

Annnd yes !

I tried to share on R/games and they gave me such a contorted runaround that I've pretty much soured on reddit.  =|

First they deleted my post saying the description needed to be two paragraphs long at a minimum.

It's probably because r/games is a discussion related sub forum, mainly oriented towards news and serious stuff. Oh, and probably zealots moderators...

r/flightsim seems to be relatively friendly, and they are posting screenshots all the time. 4 month ago a guy shared one of my Talkeetna's album here and I've discovered these people are following Outerra progress with pictures and videos since the start of the project (as you can see). That's why I've also started to share videos here, it's fun since everytime people are really happy to see it and top comment is basically someone saying "Outerra is such a wondeful engine".

I can post your screenshots there if you want :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #674 on: February 21, 2015, 07:24:36 am »

Annnd yes !

It's probably because r/games is a discussion related sub forum, mainly oriented towards news and serious stuff. Oh, and probably zealots moderators...

r/flightsim seems to be relatively friendly, and they are posting screenshots all the time. 4 month ago a guy shared one of my Talkeetna's album here and I've discovered these people are following Outerra progress with pictures and videos since the start of the project (as you can see). That's why I've also started to share videos here, it's fun since everytime people are really happy to see it and top comment is basically someone saying "Outerra is such a wondeful engine".

I can post your screenshots there if you want :)

Go right ahead!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 85