Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 85

Author Topic: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!  (Read 485040 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!
« Reply #675 on: February 21, 2015, 11:21:50 am »

HiFlyer

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

zzz

« Reply #677 on: February 25, 2015, 07:03:31 pm »

Few preview screens of some lit drones and their carriers.

M7

« Reply #678 on: February 25, 2015, 07:09:56 pm »

Nice!!!!!

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #679 on: February 25, 2015, 08:57:43 pm »

Wow!  Threatening - scaring ships!!! Great!!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

theshanergy

« Reply #680 on: February 26, 2015, 01:23:54 am »

HiFlyer

« Reply #681 on: February 26, 2015, 05:20:29 am »

Absolutely beautiful pictures! Now....... what are the driving physics like? Cause' Outerra cars bouncing around like jumping beans is getting really, really old...............

I was driving the Viper yesterday, (one of the fastest and most stable cars so far) and wondering why so many other cars were:

1) Slow

2) SUPER slow on hills

3) Bouncy, bouncy bouncy!  :D :facepalm:

At a time when a $1 app on my Ipad can give at least a moderatly pleasant driving experience, Outerra has got to be able to handle a mildly believable car after years of trying. Maybe there needs to be a concentrated effort similar to whats happening for airplanes devoted to cars, boats and whatever.

(Climbs off of soapbox)

Meanwhile, Your site is the place to go, for pretty cars, so I'm gonna go grab some more!  :D

Edit: Nice job with the lights! We need more of those! I did try it out on the "Bus terminal" track, and it handles well, also. Unfortunately it bounced, went into some crazy jumping around and eventually got lost beneath the Outerra landscape, forcing a reboot. I wonder if the new collision boxes will help with these sorts of things?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:57:13 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #682 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:59 am »

Just testing the lights on one of my favorite trucks, the Daf XF 105:

For private use only, i'm not allowed to share it, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:58:01 am by Levi »

HiFlyer

« Reply #683 on: February 26, 2015, 08:02:16 am »

Euro truck simulator.......  :)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #684 on: February 26, 2015, 08:06:39 am »

Euro truck simulator.......  :)
Yep, extracted right from there. :D ^-^

theshanergy

« Reply #685 on: February 26, 2015, 12:21:09 pm »

Are you driving these on paved roads? I find them to be fairly stable as long as the road is flat surfaced, but take them offroad (the cars at least) and they start jumping around a bit. Probably not too different than real life though, if you exit the road at 100kmh+ on to rocky terrain you're going to have problems :)

Beyond that, the major difference between these cars and the ones in most racing game, is that these ones don't have any arcade style controls. In games like those on your ipad, you can crank a turn and the car will usually just perform a perfect drift around a corner - that's not realistic at all, and it takes some extra logic to handle the angles and prevent loss of control. In Outerra if you crank a full stop turn at speed you will likely lose control and spin - just like would happen if you yanked your steering wheel hard on the freeway IRL.

I have thought about writing some sort of stabilizer algorithm to give more of an arcade feel, but it's a fairly involved job. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing the engine should handle - probably not in the case of Outerra. If anyone wants to contribute some code for this I would be happy to add the option to my vehicles.

All that said, make yourself a nice paved track, get a analog controller, and learn to drive! They can definitely provide a decent driving experience with some practice  =D

Absolutely beautiful pictures! Now....... what are the driving physics like? Cause' Outerra cars bouncing around like jumping beans is getting really, really old...............

I was driving the Viper yesterday, (one of the fastest and most stable cars so far) and wondering why so many other cars were:

1) Slow

2) SUPER slow on hills

At a time when a $1 app on my Ipad can give at least a moderatly pleasant driving experience, Outerra has got to be able to handle a mildly believable car after years of trying. Maybe there needs to be a concentrated effort similar to whats happening for airplanes devoted to cars, boats and whatever.

(Climbs off of soapbox)

Meanwhile, Your site is the place to go, for pretty cars, so I'm gonna go grab some more!  :D

Edit: Nice job with the lights! We need more of those! I did try it out on the "Bus terminal" track, and it handles well, also. Unfortunately it bounced, went into some crazy jumping around and eventually got lost beneath the Outerra landscape, forcing a reboot. I wonder if the new collision boxes will help with these sorts of things?

HiFlyer

« Reply #686 on: February 26, 2015, 12:41:26 pm »

Are you driving these on paved roads? I find them to be fairly stable as long as the road is flat surfaced, but take them offroad (the cars at least) and they start jumping around a bit. Probably not too different than real life though, if you exit the road at 100kmh+ on to rocky terrain you're going to have problems :)

Beyond that, the major difference between these cars and the ones in most racing game, is that these ones don't have any arcade style controls. In games like those on your ipad, you can crank a turn and the car will usually just perform a perfect drift around a corner - that's not realistic at all, and it takes some extra logic to handle the angles and prevent loss of control. In Outerra if you crank a full stop turn at speed you will likely lose control and spin - just like would happen if you yanked your steering wheel hard on the freeway IRL.

I have thought about writing some sort of stabilizer algorithm to give more of an arcade feel, but it's a fairly involved job. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing the engine should handle - probably not in the case of Outerra. If anyone wants to contribute some code for this I would be happy to add the option to my vehicles.

All that said, make yourself a nice paved track, get a analog controller, and learn to drive! They can definitely provide a decent driving experience with some practice  =D

1) Slow

2) SUPER slow on hills

(Climbs off of soapbox)

Yup, but I've been driving a long time, and cars don't leap for orbit when you hit a bump, either, arcade or not!!!  :facepalm: =D

Looking at the various vehicle discussions, I think its possible sometimes to get so lost in more sophisticated issues, that the basic stuff that feeds the family gets lost.

Grand Turismo, for instance is not an "arcade" game by any means, and it would run screaming from the current Outerra car handling.

I would say follow the planes, and get a basic car working in a fun way, then go for the super-realistic simulation quality masterpiece.

There should probably be a well working arcadey vehicle demo script as a guide, that comes with Outerra. The trucks are nice and all, but little Jimmy is going to stay interested a lot longer if he can zoom around a bit, too. The fact is, right now, planes get all the attention by default, because there really are no other "fun" vehicles to mess with.

We won't even talk about boats.

I've been testing cars on the bus track. It's freaking huge, and works great as a nice racing test area.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:55:29 pm by HiFlyer »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #687 on: February 26, 2015, 05:11:19 pm »

Those BMW shots are amazing.. Just one issue..

WHERE ARE THE CLOUDS!! Dammit I wouldn't have been able to tell it was OT if the clouds were there. Dam.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

theshanergy

« Reply #688 on: February 26, 2015, 05:45:44 pm »

Those BMW shots are amazing.. Just one issue..

WHERE ARE THE CLOUDS!! Dammit I wouldn't have been able to tell it was OT if the clouds were there. Dam.

It was a sunny day! :)

josem75

« Reply #689 on: February 27, 2015, 05:41:21 am »

Would be nice to open a thread for talk about cars mods and phisics. A place where all the moders and users go and change impresions. So we can have conclusions and definitelly improve de cars in outerra if we compare all the better mods and their own numbers.
Maybe we cant save the bounce problems in extreme conditions (without a engine fix), but make a car driveable which you can turn left or right without have a uncontrolable 360º fast. And also simulate things like hand-brake, even add sounds for a big braking (and visual effects if the engine allow it). And control things like power terms better, weight, etc (so you can know when you have a powered model or not realistically).
I think those things are needed for have quality car mods in outerra.
Maybe put effort in one mod between many people with all the conclusions can make this posible.

In that sense (driveable car), i like your "Crawler" model. Did you do something special into it?  I use keyboard and is very dificult to have a 360 with him. I can change directions deep with no care and the answer is great (the tires are not in a big rotation fast so 360 is more dificult). Also is good outroad.

We have great car modders like you and others. And a comunity tester. I think is a matter of focus.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 85