Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85

Author Topic: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!  (Read 485009 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!
« Reply #1110 on: December 31, 2020, 02:06:21 pm »

heading for 2021  ;)
Good new year to everybody !
& long live outerra !

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1111 on: January 02, 2021, 06:15:36 pm »

Modular AA gun  (CIWS) work in progress (500 rounds per minute !)  8) 8)  outerra starts to look less peaceful  =|

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:25:06 pm by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #1112 on: January 03, 2021, 06:26:03 am »

prepare for war if you want to keep the peace.
outerra is armed ,,,, that is a good start to the year.

:)
practice

infallible

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:36:50 am by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1113 on: January 11, 2021, 04:17:29 pm »

WIP relaxing while driving in the night &  listening to good music

aWac9

« Reply #1114 on: January 13, 2021, 05:48:11 pm »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1115 on: January 13, 2021, 05:54:25 pm »

massive firepower ! not sure outerra can handle that much

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1116 on: January 13, 2021, 05:55:43 pm »

meanwhile I enjoy having a riverparty, meeting with good friends and listening to my new car radio  =D  (coming soon)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 05:36:27 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1117 on: January 16, 2021, 02:54:59 pm »

Driving cars with new external cameras and onboard "car radio" ...well for now just "music player" (plays from a playlist of music files that you just drop in a folder) is a totally different experience  ...working to make it easy to attach the music/sound player to any vehicle (or plane or boat). In fact you can play any sound...for instance radio chatter...police siren or ambient sounds...to your liking ...just drop the sound files in the apropriate folder :)   ...coming soon

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 03:04:06 pm by fly77 »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #1118 on: January 16, 2021, 03:26:53 pm »

Is it positional, or just direct stereo... or either?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1119 on: January 16, 2021, 03:33:04 pm »

well...in outerra to get directional sound (so that you can localize the source in outerra by listening) the soundfile needs to be mono. So the file you drop into the music folder needs to be converted to mono first...not difficult as there are fast  & free online conversion websites ...like this one   https://online-audio-converter.com/it/   Effectively however since I place two sources inside the car , considering the binaural audio of outerra, you don't notice that much that its mono...actually it sounds allmost like stereo...and in any case it sounds great enough inside the car...and as well also outside...with realistic volumes inside/outside and as you open the car windows...in short its a full simulation of a car casette player in an outerra car. Also by closing windows you will attenuate outside ambient sounds. As the sound is emitted inside the game world  (not by an external player) the soundvolume changes with distance from the car as in real life..which is a really nice effect...as the music is effectively INSIDE outerra. So you can park simultaneously different cars in different places with windows open, each playing its own music and  pumping up the volume :D Real stereo or  surround sound would also be possible but not now..for that you'd need to split the soundfile into the different channels..etc..etc...and place them as separate sources in outerra...not worth the effort..its enough fun already like it is now
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 03:48:57 pm by fly77 »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #1120 on: January 16, 2021, 07:21:20 pm »

Wow, I wasn't expecting you to get sound changes between an open and closed car.

Then again I guess I knew that was already a thing in the tatra/others. (at least by volume, don't know about distortion)

Speaking of a similar quirk, I've long known that unfortunately the tatra's headlights are dimmed by like half or more by its windshield.  =|
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 07:26:16 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1121 on: January 17, 2021, 06:41:56 am »

...Speaking of a similar quirk, I've long known that unfortunately the tatra's headlights are dimmed by like half or more by its windshield.  =|

what you mean ? the headlights are not intense enough ? If so you can increase their intensity by changing this line of code

Code: [Select]
//lights
  var fp = {size:0.1, angle:54, edge:0.08, fadeout:0.2, range:50};  --> change to    var fp = {size:0.1, angle:54, edge:0.08, fadeout:0.2, range:100}; or   var fp = {size:0.1, angle:54, edge:0.08, fadeout:0.2, range:150};
  this.add_spot_light({x:-0.93,y:4.58,z:1.38}, {y:1}, fp);
  this.add_spot_light({x:0.93,y:4.58,z:1.38}, {y:1}, fp);

Jagerbomber

« Reply #1122 on: January 17, 2021, 03:17:08 pm »

I mean, maybe, but if you look through the windshield from the driver seat vs seeing the headlight flood from outside, particularly before it's reached full night, the light is almost completely invisible during this period inside the vehicle vs out - so this period before the darkest hours is hard to drive in from the driver's seat.  The windshield darkens the entire environment like it's a darkened window (slightly).

I also noticed (though I haven't actually tested to see if this is another quirk because of the windshield, or just the lighting), headlights on can at times light up the entirety of visible water surface (outside of the beam) to practically the brightness of daytime, though sometimes the water can have daytime shinyness at inappropriate times of night anyways. (no visible moon either).

The fog (not talking about the clouds) at night likes to glow white excessively in deep evenings too sometimes, far too late, (and in fully cloudy weather) kind of like light pollution, but far too much, and anywhere.

Also the unfortunate shimmering line on edges due to clouds behind surface objects/ground is really ugly, particularly in the red evenings/mornings.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:19:42 pm by Jagerbomber »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1123 on: January 17, 2021, 03:54:17 pm »

OK I now see what you mean....about the excessive glow of illuminated scenery it actually is an issue common to all outerra lights, unless you do a light intensity correction that takes into account the sun position, and eventually even cloud coverage  etc...unfortunately outerra's default light intensity seems not optimised to shine "correctly" in all "daytime" conditions and correcting it is not easy.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:57:29 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1124 on: January 21, 2021, 04:26:15 pm »

how releaxing, just driving around in some beautiful landscape (here sardinia, italy "gennargentu" mountain, winter) listening to music and exploring the unknown  :)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85