Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Collaboration with large Electronic Gaming Industry / MMORPG  (Read 6079 times)

aiquoy

Collaboration with large Electronic Gaming Industry / MMORPG
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:43:12 am »

Just seeing the preview videos, this game immediately piqued my interest. I noticed there was a comment about a $15 fee to access the full version of the game. If this was a one time fee, I would gladly pay $15 for your game in support of such a visually appealing program.
Have you guys considered approaching entities such as EA Games or Blizzard / Activision to license your engine for them to utilize for the creation of MMORPGS or vast RTS / FPS games? Their expansive worlds dazzled my imagination, but the size of their "world" pales in comparision to the complexity and details that you guys have achieved. No doubt this would be very intriguing for them from a business perspective as well as entitle your organization to royalties, licensing fees and other substantial sources of income. Your advancement could revolutionize and redefine the entire gaming industry. You can still keep the $15 normal version though, I'll still purchase that as well. Keep up the amazing work.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Collaboration with large Electronic Gaming Industry / MMORPG
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:38:24 am »

No we haven't approached anyone, for two main reasons. First, the engine is not ready to be used as an engine by game studios yet, and second - we value our freedom and the freedom to create, and don't want to end up implementing various me-too overdone effects (exaggerating, but ... you know, most big games aren't about innovation).

That said, we don't reject any form of cooperation per se, but it must be 2) something we would believe in too, and 1) we'd probably have to participate directly on it because of the alpha state.

The $15 version is basically for our fans that are showing us support and will allow us to grow and speed up the development, while retaining our way. For that we are giving them a sandbox version and later a game to play with, early on so they don't have to wait until the end of time for the technology, slowly losing interest and all. We also listen to our supporters and try to address the problems they may have.
And we try to be honest ;)