Anteworld - Outerra Game > Game & gameplay discussion

Wildlife in Outerra:The Game

(1/4) > >>

hyperpep111:
So I've been Having this idea since I read the games backstory.
Animals.
instead of natural disasters, How about something evolved that was faster, Smarter, Better adapted.
Something like this.
And also maybe instead of having a FPS or minecraft style game of which your job is to hunt down those types of creatures and destroy them, you are to avoid those creatures at all costs and also you could have a device that detects when the predators are close and you should evade them. And maybe a stun device that freezes them for a temporary period.
And also there are  plants that are edible so you can gather them and few animals that you can hunt but you have to quickly get them away because then predators will come and chase you away. Maybe even scavengers and future vultures and since it will be a world wide game maybe the community can make some animals that are found in specific areas and worldwide
Sorry if I'm getting a little carried away, but then I think this engine has so much promise and potential.
Oh and also please add your ideas for animals and thanks for reading ;D

PytonPago:

--- Quote from: hyperpep111 on March 06, 2012, 06:41:37 am ---So I've been Having this idea since I read the games backstory.
Animals.
instead of natural disasters, How about something evolved that was faster, Smarter, Better adapted.
Something like this.
And also maybe instead of having a FPS or minecraft style game of which your job is to hunt down those types of creatures and destroy them, you are to avoid those creatures at all costs and also you could have a device that detects when the predators are close and you should evade them. And maybe a stun device that freezes them for a temporary period.
And also there are  plants that are edible so you can gather them and few animals that you can hunt but you have to quickly get them away because then predators will come and chase you away. Maybe even scavengers and future vultures and since it will be a world wide game maybe the community can make some animals that are found in specific areas and worldwide
Sorry if I'm getting a little carried away, but then I think this engine has so much promise and potential.
Oh and also please add your ideas for animals and thanks for reading ;D

--- End quote ---

Well, for starters, an basic real-world wild life scatered around in a way, the flora will be would be nice ... basic interactions - rabbits chased by foxes/wolves and so on + in water the same. Just an system, that says: you see your prey in an certain distance -chase, so if it sees the predator in this area, it goes wildrunning ... just to make it alive a little, but it has time, also the global flora generation would be needed to apply it (maybe using the same algoritm for both) ...

Matt6767:

--- Quote from: hyperpep111 on March 06, 2012, 06:41:37 am --- you are to avoid those creatures at all costs and also you could have a device that detects when the predators are close and you should evade them.
--- End quote ---

Bah theres no fun in that.  >:(

If they somehow find a way to include a creature with zombie-like characteristics then I'm all for it.

PytonPago:

--- Quote from: Matt6767 on March 07, 2012, 09:12:34 am ---
--- Quote from: hyperpep111 on March 06, 2012, 06:41:37 am --- you are to avoid those creatures at all costs and also you could have a device that detects when the predators are close and you should evade them.
--- End quote ---

Bah theres no fun in that.  >:(

If they somehow find a way to include a creature with zombie-like characteristics then I'm all for it.

--- End quote ---

Dont worry, im sure they do such content be hand-picked. : P
    Im just prefering the "normal" creatures because it would greatly test the posability and interactions of generated AI in an global scale and at real area-scatter (no one should see a polar bear at saharas, poor thing : P)in Outerra. The flora would be just a static object, but the test of the same approach for an dynamic AI is in my opinion an great thing to ensure for an big and empty planet as this, just for the feeling, that you are not the only inteligent thing on the earth at single player .... (just please, no lumen, that thread scared some hairs of my head too)

C. Shawn Smith:

--- Quote from: Matt6767 on March 07, 2012, 09:12:34 am ---If they somehow find a way to include a creature with zombie-like characteristics then I'm all for it.

--- End quote ---

*cough*

:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version