Anteworld - Outerra Game > Tech demo, support, updates

Assigning Joystick axis to Plane

(1/5) > >>

Karamich:
Hi,

I think it was mentioned previously as something to be fixed and I wonder if it was fixed in the latest update:  I have 3 controllers plugged in my PC, one being a Joystick and Outerra uses its axis by default for Plane controls however I also have rudder pedals as well as a Throttle quadrant.

Is there a way to edit the assignments in a way to tell Outerra to use either of the 2 other controllers?

When i click on the assignment I either get another automatic value set or an empty field.

What do I have to type in to make it assignable if it is possible indeed

Thanks!

ZeosPantera:
I also have three controllers on my PC and in OuTerra when I am setting up the controls would take my clutch pedal for EVERY control. So I have to press and hold it down and assign the other keys and axis I want. Think a dirty pot is responsible. Likely the value is bouncing just a minute amount all the time.

cameni:
You have to move with the desired axis in desired direction and there should appear Axis#+ or Axis#-. With multiple joysticks, the axis is prefixed by joy number. There was an issue with Windows XP and USB device detection, but it's now fixed.

Zeos, the problem with clutch/brake pedals has been addressed a week ago, did you try it with new versions? It now takes only the direction of axis movement into account.

Karamich:

--- Quote from: cameni on March 07, 2012, 12:28:31 pm ---You have to move with the desired axis in desired direction and there should appear Axis#+ or Axis#-. With multiple joysticks, the axis is prefixed by joy number. There was an issue with Windows XP and USB device detection, but it's now fixed.

Zeos, the problem with clutch/brake pedals has been addressed a week ago, did you try it with new versions? It now takes only the direction of axis movement into account.

--- End quote ---

Hi Cameni

I tried (with latest update tonight) the assignments as you mentioned but it does not capture the axis of the controllers when I move them. Not even the main controller. Just when I click with the mouse in the value area, it turns to another value or with right mouse click it errases the values.

Cheers

ZeosPantera:

--- Quote from: cameni on March 07, 2012, 12:28:31 pm ---Zeos, the problem with clutch/brake pedals has been addressed a week ago, did you try it with new versions? It now takes only the direction of axis movement into account.

--- End quote ---

I will try again but I think the problem is more hardware on my end being finicky.

--- Quote from: Karamich on March 07, 2012, 09:06:12 pm ---I tried (with latest update tonight) the assignments as you mentioned but it does not capture the axis of the controllers when I move them. Not even the main controller. Just when I click with the mouse in the value area, it turns to another value or with right mouse click it erases the values
--- End quote ---

That is what mine was doing. Try repositioning all your axis' to there extremes before clicking to set. Also if you knew which one WAS binding you could focus on that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version