Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Assigning Joystick axis to Plane  (Read 15882 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Assigning Joystick axis to Plane
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 02:19:05 pm »

I could never achieve reverse - neither with the keyboard key nor with the controller axis.

I am pretty damn sure the 8x8's reverse has never worked. I am still waiting for the vehicle controls to be defined a bit better. Brake+Reverse is a bit too arcade for the sim platform legacy Outerra is trying to achieve.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

lonewulf47

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 02:22:44 pm »

The issue seems to be solved with the latest update. No more problems on saved axes. Thank you!

Another thing that came to my attention:

In the present helo setup you provide two different axes for trottle and collective. This is reasonable as long as they work properly. Presently I see ne reaction on the collective axis but the throttle axis is creating a lifting force instead. In a modern turbine helo things are exactly the other way round. While throttle is just "enabled" to keep the governed RPM it's the collective which is the "working tool". In old fashioned piston engined helos like the Bell 47 or the Hughes 300 you will have to work with throttle AND collective simultaneously.

And here some considerations for future control setups:

- Engine controls should of course sooner or later also feature a constant speed prop (RPM) control even it's not present on the C172 (it would be on the 200 HP C172 Reims Rocket...)

- Trim should be enabled for all three main axes using two distinctive buttons (or keys) for each axis. Everything else is not very comfortable in handling

- it should be possible to de-linearize the three main flight control axes. This makes smooth flying easier - together with proper trim

mustang60348

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 07:12:18 pm »

I have Saitek X45 Stick and Throttle, the program detects and uses all axis and buttons EXCEPT. Forward and Back and Left and Right on the Stick. I can assign the throttle to pitch up/pitch down OR to Aileron Left/Right but if I try and assign the Stick , it doesn't detect any movement, IOW, the box stays RED.

Latest X45 Drivers, Windows 7 64 Bit.

Any ideas.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 02:13:43 am »

Please attach your eng.log. I presume you push the stick all the way to the end and it works elsewhere.

lonewulf47

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:03 am »

Try to use it without any drivers. I NEVER use any drivers on pure HID as they usually cause more troubles than help  ;D

angrypig

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 10:57:23 am »

I found the issue, it looks like some Joystick manufacturer didn't fill the HID descriptor properly but it can be driver issue too... I will try to fix it/workaround it somehow and it should works in the next update.

angrypig

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 12:15:03 pm »

I have Saitek X45 Stick and Throttle, the program detects and uses all axis and buttons EXCEPT. Forward and Back and Left and Right on the Stick. I can assign the throttle to pitch up/pitch down OR to Aileron Left/Right but if I try and assign the Stick , it doesn't detect any movement, IOW, the box stays RED.

Any ideas.

But i still need the "eng.log"...

mustang60348

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 02:00:47 pm »

Where is the ENG.LOG located, I don't have one in my dir structure

mustang60348

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »

Any ideas.

But i still need the "eng.log"...

I Found it....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:09:03 pm by mustang60348 »
Pages: 1 [2]