Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Question and offer  (Read 9455 times)

Andrey

Question and offer
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:01 am »

I was very impressed by youtube videos of Outerra, so no doubts bought alpha version today. IT IS AWESOME!!! And this is inspire I didn't find water yet :)

So, seriously, my question is - what is your development vector ? Mean what is your final goal? What are you doing - game engine for sale, or it will be finished sim game ?

And the offer. Short story first, you should know about MS Flight Simulator series, it is history about tens years... it was always open for third part developers, so anyone could do add-ons for it. But everything change now. 29 Feb 2012 MS release MS Flight witch is continuation of FS series BUT it's closed for side developers (Because it's for free, and payware addons now provided only by MS itself)... So thousand of Sim-development enthusiast are not on board, they are in panic and see no future, lol. One of them is I'm, that's why I found Outerra :)   

So, I do believe that this is great opportunity for team like you are!
For sure you could involve most part of that developers army into your project. "Involve" I mean not for engine development, but for new models, sceneries and even environment. You already have very much for this! Whole such beautiful Earth with only 200mb weight it's what MS and X-plane could dream about (only MSFlight's Hawaii is 1.5 Gb) Of course it is a lot things to add (clouds, airports base, navigation, aircraft systems etc. etc) but you are on the right way!

I'm from my side ready to help your team in testing and consulting.
Moreover as soon as it will be possible, I'm ready to compilate all our models (www.sibwings.com) into Outerra.

Best regards and good luck in work you do!

Andrey Tsvirenko 
www.sibwings.com

Black Phoenix

• Black Phoenix's Brain Blog
Re: Question and offer
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:14:40 pm »

My offer for developing flight dynamics and the aerospace simulation (as in the aerospace project thread) is still up as well.

[deleted]

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:51:37 pm »

Whole such beautiful Earth with only 200mb weight it's what MS and X-plane could dream about (only MSFlight's Hawaii is 1.5 Gb) Of course it is a lot things to add (clouds, airports base, navigation, aircraft systems etc. etc) but you are on the right way!

Whole earth is 12 GBs in total if you download all the parts :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:00:19 pm by cameni »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 04:56:16 pm »

So, seriously, my question is - what is your development vector ? Mean what is your final goal? What are you doing - game engine for sale, or it will be finished sim game ?
Our goal is to have fun until the end of times. Seriously :)
Ok, we have several goals, one of them is a global simulator game made on Outerra platform. We are only interested in providing the platform: the world engine, scenery tools and background services. We would create the default scenery from available data (earth data, OSM) using procedural tools, and leave the creation of specific scenery and models and simulator cores etc. to others. We do not plan any M$ new-style world domination :)

Anyway, we believe that our technology has great potential because it's able to utilize GPUs in much better way than a standard streaming engine, however well tuned, and because it opens new possibilities, like opening the possibility for a global simulator to exist.

For sure you could involve most part of that developers army into your project. "Involve" I mean not for engine development, but for new models, sceneries and even environment. You already have very much for this! Whole such beautiful Earth with only 200mb weight it's what MS and X-plane could dream about (only MSFlight's Hawaii is 1.5 Gb) Of course it is a lot things to add (clouds, airports base, navigation, aircraft systems etc. etc) but you are on the right way!

I'm from my side ready to help your team in testing and consulting.
Moreover as soon as it will be possible, I'm ready to compilate all our models (www.sibwings.com) into Outerra.
Still, project like this requires a lot of resources. I mean, look how long it took us to get here. We are a small team and the amount of work is enormous. It's clear that we must expand and speed up the development, so this product can be delivered in some realistic time frame.

For the moment we are on our own safe path to the growth while retaining our independence, but we'll see what the future brings ;)

Dino1981

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:16:00 pm »

With sibwings aircraft models useable in Outerra more than 10.000 copies of Outerra would be sold within a few days.