Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Suggestions about the environment editor  (Read 3779 times)

lonewulf47

Suggestions about the environment editor
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:04:56 pm »

While trying to create something like a "small world" in terms of e.g. an airport I came across a few suggestions about the editor/creation tools. I don't know inasfar those tools are being discussed - maybe they are just placeholders for future tools. In any case I suggest the following for consideration:

- multiple nodes must be selectable and editable
- it must be possible to insert or delete single nodes
- a whole entity (e.g. an existing runway) must be selectable
- a selected entity must be moveable/placeable by editing coordinates (e.g. the coordinate of ONE node in an entity)
- editing must also be possible on the vertical axis (heading), also with numerical input, not only mouse movement

Those things are based on my experience with airport design where it is of utmost importance to place entities like runways exactly by either coordinates or other numeric values.

Just a suggestion though... :D

Jagerbomber

Re: Suggestions about the environment editor
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:20:47 pm »

Improvements like those are being worked on.  No idea how far along they are though.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

lonewulf47

Re: Suggestions about the environment editor
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:03:27 pm »

Improvements like those are being worked on.  No idea how far along they are though.
Ok, sounds fair enough to me  :D