Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scenery test  (Read 36264 times)

MatthewS

Scenery test
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 09:40:27 am »

Very convincing blend!

I can imagine also similar blending "patterns" happening with snow build-up on the edges of roads and runways.  Or when raining seeing water pooled on hard surfaces eg runway/apron/roads etc.  

Also, dynamic build-up (and dissipation) of snow and water would be a killer feature not seen before in the sim arena AFAIK!

corona

Scenery test
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 10:32:40 am »

I agree, looks very good. I can totally imagine this being a blend between different landclasses also (on a bigger scale)...nice patches here and there....beautiful.

BTW, I just saw it, what does "transient" mean/do in the screenshot above?

I love screenshots, pls keep them coming, even if you think they are boring. Just press the prnt screen every 10 minutes and dump them onto us once a day :-)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Scenery test
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 11:07:52 am »

Quote from: corona
BTW, I just saw it, what does "transient" mean/do in the screenshot above?
Ow, that's a mistake, should be transitional, the width of the transitional area where the terrain is morphed so the road fits. Maybe there's a better name for it.
Funny, now I'm realizing the two words sound similar in Slovak language too, but the equivalent of transient is in some cases used in place of transitional (in signal theory), so probably that's why I was using it almost interchangeably.
Thanks for noticing :)

I love screenshots, pls keep them coming, even if you think they are boring. Just press the prnt screen every 10 minutes and dump them onto us once a day :-)
Yeah but there are also some secrets that will be shown when their time comes :)

Abc94

Scenery test
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 01:24:36 pm »

Quote from: corona

Yes.  I too would be happy watching videos of random flying around the world!

Haha maybe you should create a live feed of debuging Outerra or something!  :p
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Scenery test
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 02:40:33 pm »

Quote from: Abc94
Haha maybe you should create a live feed of debuging Outerra or something!  :p
:lol:

Are you interested in an audio channel with debugging-related swearing as well? :D

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Scenery test
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »

Quote from: cameni
:lol:

Are you interested in an audio channel with debugging-related swearing as well? :D
I don't think many people would want that, but a live feed of debugging Outerra sounds great. =D
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

Alen Bajrovic

Scenery test
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 08:54:59 pm »

I suggest you to insert a Boeing or Airbus aircraft, of course, later, for now will be enough Cessna :)

petitfilou

Scenery test
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 04:15:51 am »

I wonder how the outerra engine copes with fast moving vehicles?  

In FSX, the textures (specially aerial photo ones) start blurring as they cant keep if you fly with a jet low to the ground.

Will the fractal refinement be able to keep up in those cases?  guess it might depends on the pc specs too?

Hope to see a new video soon.   :D

cheers

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Scenery test
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 08:32:02 am »

Understandably, there's a limit as to what level of detail can be created per frame. Since the terrain tile is generally available one frame after being requested (unless the pipeline saturates and it can be postponed), there should be a predictive algorithm that computes what tiles will be needed for the next frame.

One advantage here is that the whole process can be much faster since all data reside on GPU in normal circumstances (land class textures and vector data), where the throughput is much higher than going through CPU or even streaming from disc. The scalability will be better as well, since it depends mainly on GPU that is highly parallelizable.

Hope to see a new video soon.
We too, but it's taking us more time than we expected, hopefully will be worth it :)
Pages: 1 [2]