Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Couple of questions regarding custom data  (Read 7178 times)

bladetrain3r

Couple of questions regarding custom data
« on: March 17, 2012, 08:51:31 am »

Hi guys

Played around in Anteworld a bit, and quite liking Outerra so far - very smooth performance wise for the level of detail it gives. Which brings me to my question (apologies if I missed any other threads on this, redirect me to those if appropriate :) )

Namely, would I be able to import custom terrain, solar and biome information from something like Terragen, or even handmade heightmaps? Terragen does still scenes beautifully but doing movies on it, even if I had a good couple hundred dollars to spend on the animation edition, is painfully slow. I think that a combination with a strong realtime engine like Outerra would be great for doing videos.

Thanks for listening :)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Couple of questions regarding custom data
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 10:55:54 am »

Anteworld is just a game, not supposed to have this functionality. But there will be another Outerra-based program designed for creation of new worlds, with built-in tools for sculpting of continents, mountain ranges, biomes etc.
It will basically integrate tools we are/will be using with Anteworld to create Earth into one app, so that people can use it to create their own worlds.

bladetrain3r

Re: Couple of questions regarding custom data
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 11:10:33 am »

Good enough - for now I'll satisfy myself with floating around earth. Looking forward to the worldmaker.