Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Google Inset  (Read 5994 times)

lonewulf47

Google Inset
« on: March 10, 2012, 03:04:35 am »

I see that the inset is in kind of an "automatic mode" whenever either of the "vehicle modes" is entered which means that the zoom level adjusts according height. I would prefer to have it fully manual all the times or at least to toggle manual/automatic mode also when in a vehicle. I prefer to adjust the zoom level on my own likings, as well as switching from terrain to satellite mode and v.v.

[deleted]

Re: Google Inset
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:55:00 am »

If you press esc and then point the mouse to the google map, you can use the mouse wheel to adjust the zoom.

lonewulf47

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:16:11 am »

Yes, thank you, I found that possibility too. Nevertheless the auto-zoom is still active and on top of it it's a bit annoying to get back into e.g. flying state by closing the sandbox menu, stepping out of the vehicle, stepping in again and unpause by hitting the space key... ;) What I'm referring to is to have a possibility to change zoom while Driving/Flying. In the present setup this is not possible, as the mouse is fulltime locked to the camera. As I have proposed in anothe thread already the cam should only become active when using one of the mouse buttons (preferably the right one), to have the mouse available for other things - later on to dial headings, frequencies a.s.o.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 09:34:45 am »

Yes, there will be a switch to enable mouse mode in vehicles, and have the current functionality available with RMB pressed, or controlled by a head tracker when that is implemented.

I will add also the toggle for auto-zoom.

lonewulf47

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:55:22 am »

Sounds great ! Thank you  :D

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 02:36:16 pm »

Can the google map be resized on the fly without the need for massive UI and coding nightmares? Because It is currently very small and I think if you had the screen area (ie Triplehead) you could / should be able to have the dynamic Google map take up an entire screen.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

Should be easy to control programatically. At minimum the size and position can be stored in eng.cfg

Jagerbomber

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 02:58:44 pm »

I agree that the autozoom can be annoying.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

angrypig

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 03:27:49 pm »

Should be easy to control programatically. At minimum the size and position can be stored in eng.cfg

Can be done from javascript too...