Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Convertor for 3dmax models  (Read 6547 times)

NAX

Convertor for 3dmax models
« on: March 10, 2012, 11:49:06 am »

As a long lasting flight simulator fan i've followed outerra with great interest for a year or so. With the ability to provide such nice world i hope it can some day be the platform of choice for flying.
As i have a full scale cockpit i need some kind of protocol like fsuipc, but also important, actual airports.
There is so many freeware airports made by private persons that with their blessing could be converted to work with Outerra if there is or could be made such a convertor. Im not into the sceenerymaking, i just want to know if such a tool is able to make.
Having a waste variety of airports is important, but it would be a shame if all the work done by freeware artists could not be used here, but had to be made from scratch again.

[deleted]

Re: Convertor for 3dmax models
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:55:54 pm »

Models are supported in collada format. There will be an in game modeler in future as far as I know. I believe an importer will be available too ?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:04:21 pm by secret1962 »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:33:47 pm »

I think he means importer, not modeler.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

[deleted]

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 03:06:05 pm »

Yes I understood it, I wrote converter in my last phrase like what he said in the title :P

NAX

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:01:41 pm »

Converter is the right term i guess.
I know it has been possible to import madels across platforms earlier, saving them to correct formats.