Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.11 version branch  (Read 181667 times)

Jagerbomber

Re: Latest version: 0.7.11.3016
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2012, 03:38:16 pm »

Mouse sensitivity in walk mode is a very very very strong)))

Haha He's right.  It's extremely strong.  I also just found another bug:  If you are holding a movement button while using the person and hit enter to leave him, he'll keep "walking" off without you!  My army has come to life!  ;D  Maybe you should leave this one in for now.  It's hilarious.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:42:17 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

angrypig

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2012, 03:42:04 pm »

Mouse sensitivity in walk mode is a very very very strong)))

Hups, I know I forgot something... :/

will be fixed in next update...

daumkraft

• Newbee
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 04:14:03 pm »

By the way, somebody can check this?
Coordinates: +32°49'58.484" -16°25'01.473"

What is it? In GMaps do not have anything like :) It so beautiful but totally unreal :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:16:23 pm by daumkraft »
Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0 GHz
3.25Gb RAM (because 32bit OS Win 7)
GeForce 8800GTX (296.10)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2012, 04:15:35 pm »

Just a bug in the elevation data.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

skylab

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2012, 10:06:49 pm »

Crashing on opening objects,new worlds,planes/helis etc..
Vehicles float and do notmove.
Crashing on exit sometimes.

Intel core 2duo E4700 2.6 ghz
4094 mb ram
Ati Radeon 4870 single 512mb

eng.log file      http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3ua683okqno4lka

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2012, 02:10:19 am »

Nothing unusual in there, except for the aspect ratio that may be lowering terrain tile cache size, that could lead to terrain not being refined. I'll fix it in next version.

Hmm, when it doesn't refine the terrain, go to the terrain settings and adjust limit-treetile slowly (move to the right a bit, click back) until it refines the detail.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2012, 03:53:07 am »

I am a bit confused on how the Linearity and deadzone work.. If My G27 is selected I have the wheel itself and three other analog inputs (the pedals). Same with my joystick and 4 analog inputs(X Y Z and Throttle). What exactly is the linearity and deadzone adjusting, all the axis?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2012, 04:13:23 am »

All the axis that are configured as symmetric (+- range). Should not be affecting throttles, pedals ..

lonewulf47

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2012, 11:49:53 am »

All the axis that are configured as symmetric (+- range). Should not be affecting throttles, pedals ..
Yes, I can clearly see that behaviour on the Cessna's control surfaces. It works perfectly! However I have assigned the Z-Axis (turning handle) of my Logitech Extreme to the steering axle of the trucks but it seems that delinearization is not working there?

May I propose some extension to this topic:
- the delinearization should be configurable to each controller axes separately, also to 0-1 axes, not only +/- axes, this might be needed for the collective in helos
- the delinearization should be available to both sides. For helos e.g. it is important to have a higher sensitivity around the mid-zone. This is also how helicopter controls are setup in reality. This is important for hovering as there need to be quick and relatively large inputs without moving the stick too much.
- and thirdly but not lastly I think we need trim inputs for all three aircraft's axes too. This will make flying more comfortable. I especially think of faster aircraft in the near future  8) It migh be worth  a discussion whether trim should be assigned to control axes or buttons or both. IMHO both would be the most comfortable solution but it must also be said that controller axes for trim will sooner or later rise problems with a (also future) autopilot implementation.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:55:24 am by lonewulf47 »

skylab

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2012, 01:43:46 pm »

Still getting crashes on opening objects.Terrain loads, but for some reason i have to fly around a bit for it to load.

new eng.log     http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?asf8hyeaninobl8

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2012, 02:14:55 pm »

The next version will have extended logs that could help in identifying what's the problem with your setup.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2012, 02:20:26 pm »

Yes, I can clearly see that behaviour on the Cessna's control surfaces. It works perfectly! However I have assigned the Z-Axis (turning handle) of my Logitech Extreme to the steering axle of the trucks but it seems that delinearization is not working there?
Yes, a bug. Will be fixed in the next version.

the delinearization should be configurable to each controller axes separately, also to 0-1 axes, not only +/- axes, this might be needed for the collective in helos
With the patched version it should work even for throttle-type axes, when they are bound to symmetric-type controls.

the delinearization should be available to both sides. For helos e.g. it is important to have a higher sensitivity around the mid-zone. This is also how helicopter controls are setup in reality. This is important for hovering as there need to be quick and relatively large inputs without moving the stick too much.
No problem, I will enable the other side.

and thirdly but not lastly I think we need trim inputs for all three aircraft's axes too. This will make flying more comfortable. I especially think of faster aircraft in the near future  8) It migh be worth  a discussion whether trim should be assigned to control axes or buttons or both. IMHO both would be the most comfortable solution but it must also be said that controller axes for trim will sooner or later rise problems with a (also future) autopilot implementation.
Angrypig's adding pot buttons that could be used for trim.

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2012, 02:37:25 pm »

Runtime error. I can't build more roads anymore.  :-\

Resident of Outerra

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2012, 03:13:11 pm »

Hmm, I must debug it. Can you send me your cache folder and the location where you are?

lonewulf47

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2012, 03:22:18 pm »

Thank you, Cameni ! That sounds great. I know Anteworld is getting better and better...  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31