Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mil-Sim Anyone?  (Read 34243 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Mil-Sim Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 05:02:07 am »

So, when we start working on it? haha
Well, it could be started whyte importing some mil. transportation-vehicles (as for the actuall or cold-war times) and getting them to an "KRAZ-Game" like handling. That would be the easy-tech thing to do. Starting now, making an great variety for the comunity and the sim in time ...(there is also a lot of things to do to take outerra itself to finish, so this ant-work could get a gripp of it)

... so, all modellers are welcome for this job ! : P ...

Still, we need to see the final importer, but as the actual flyer imported (as posted elswhere) it could be nice. I try to contact the hungarian AA-simmer, what he thinks about it (would like to see a S-300 in work later). Making an first static/mobile AA into Outerra and play whyte it a little ...

Actually, no bad if any starts its own thing on it, as for my, if it is hard-real-sim oriented (the simplified handling is not written-off of course for other people ) and wants to get all the fields and stuff someday to work together in Outerra, its in! There just has to be an base interaction to be hold on to, so avi-simmers bomb landing on tank-simmers abrams does some damage and he´s friends AA-simmers Patriot engages them back. : P
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:51:21 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Eco

• Exploring the earth in 3d
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 09:44:47 pm »

Let's start modelling! Ill help! haha

th3flyboy

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 10:21:15 pm »

I'd be more than happy to help with coding once the functionality to extend Anteworld with code is enabled.

ChookWantan

• They call me Chook.
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 04:07:31 pm »

I'm one hundred percent for this project. You have my blessing.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 01:54:52 am »

I would like to see warships and submarines! ;)

PytonPago

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 01:22:41 pm »

Hey guys ! I just seen some competition ! :D

Seems they wont to get some multiplayer-base go on in the future for a coupled simulator. Now just ships and subs to wait for them ... actually still just an fly-sim whyte this net-feature for wowzers, but still a little closer to a full-spectrum simulator. ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Juggernautz

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 04:52:28 pm »

Damn, the DCS sims are all really awesome. And I love that Battlefield style tactical overlay with multiplayer integration... the Outerra world is WAY more detailed than theirs looks to be, though. It would be cool to see some developers work to enable multiplayer and persistent servers in the Outerra world though.

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 01:45:47 am »

DCS is awesome. I would like to see ships and subs in DCS, but it is not the whole earth like in OT. ;)

Marko

ZoneKiller

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 04:53:25 am »

I'd be more than happy to help with coding once the functionality to extend Anteworld with code is enabled.
i would be too :)

Grind and Click

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 01:08:29 pm »

2. I'm talking about a mil-sim, not a global strategic RTS game where micromanagement utilizing in-depth movement, logistics, diplomacy, economic allocations, and Corps/Division level planning is required. Hence, the reference to the ArmA series.

There's no reason not to have it on a global scale though. Travel will be at your discretion and possibly mining to buy vehicles and buildings command and conquer style.

Stronghold Kingdoms uses the entire world quite well?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »

Could start up an entire world war and just travel to the different theaters. Always wanted to see how a battle on Iceland for it's precious Ice reserves would go.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ChookWantan

• They call me Chook.
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »

Could start up an entire world war and just travel to the different theaters. Always wanted to see how a battle on Iceland for it's precious Ice reserves would go.

You mean Greenland? 
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »

You mean Greenland? 

Both.. what do you think about that? Iceland vs Greenland. Battle to the end.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 01:00:31 pm »

You mean Greenland? 

Both.. what do you think about that? Iceland vs Greenland. Battle to the end.

... well, that the United Penguin authorities of Antarctica would get involved ? :D
Anyway ... seeing forward for the importer to get the models for this one in !

DetCord

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 01:50:53 am »

Apologies for not responding, I've been in Afghanistan.

Back on track... I think a few people are over-thinking the prospect. I see a lot of the conversation reverting back to a global war/sim/RTS/whatever aspect. You're taking a niche market aspect and making it even more niche to a certain extent. If you're going to sell an idea it has to be profitable, and a title like that just isn't what it used to be. Plain and simple truth, its how it is now. I'm talking about a FPS/TPS simulation of modern armed conflict.

I.E...

Pages: 1 [2] 3