Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra in HD  (Read 10155 times)

DetCord

Outerra in HD
« on: March 14, 2012, 03:24:24 am »

Pretty impressed with it thus far.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Outerra in HD
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:11:00 am »

Yes, more of this. I hope cameni and angry have some more robust camera features upcoming because I know the userbase could use them.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 12:45:43 am »

Most definitely.  One of the things I asked Cameni a year or so ago was if there was a way to pre-program a camera flight path.  Lots of very stunning visuals and preprogrammed scripts could allow for much better control for the "perfect shot."

To the OP: well done ... I'm very impressed with your eye for setting up the shots :)
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

DetCord

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:40:29 pm »

What we really need are AI controlled assets and the ability to set way-points.

EDIT - I second the scripting aspect.

Here are a few examples of what I did with scripting.

A mod I'm working on that utilizes scripting almost exclusively.

jlnsvfx

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 03:26:59 pm »

Awesome animations - did you program the running cycles for the soldiers.  I never seen them better animated and smooth!

DetCord

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 05:11:54 pm »

Awesome animations - did you program the running cycles for the soldiers.  I never seen them better animated and smooth!

Yep. They're all custom anims.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 06:10:22 pm »

The outerra devs were wondering if they could find someone to do the animations for the characters in anteworld. They need to figure out how to implement the skeleton first. Then I would expect a call, or more likely an email.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

DetCord

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 06:19:17 pm »

The outerra devs were wondering if they could find someone to do the animations for the characters in anteworld. They need to figure out how to implement the skeleton first. Then I would expect a call, or more likely an email.

I'm active duty military with yet another deployment to Afghanistan coming up. My time is rather limited.

EDIT - I had to remove the last video. Supposid copyright infringements because of the music. Ugh...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:21:53 pm by DetCord »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 11:24:19 pm »

I had to remove the last video. Supposid copyright infringements because of the music. Ugh...

My account has well over a hundred matches. All it does is possibly add an advertisement or block it in certain countries. I even got my 15 minute limit lifted. I would put it back up and just ignore it.

DetCord

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 12:36:34 am »

I had to remove the last video. Supposid copyright infringements because of the music. Ugh...

My account has well over a hundred matches. All it does is possibly add an advertisement or block it in certain countries. I even got my 15 minute limit lifted. I would put it back up and just ignore it.

I had unlimited length videos until I uploaded that video. Thing is, I typically upload full length Afghan and Iraq related docs and that video in question had placed my account "in bad standing".

C. Shawn Smith

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 01:18:58 am »

After a certain number, YouTube will flag your account.

If the soundtrack is causing you issues, google Michael Donner Music.  He allows unlimited use for his soundtracks (and ALL of them are production quality tracks) for use exclusively on YouTube.  If you use them elsewhere, you're in violation of his license.

If you do use them, tell him cshawnsmith71 referred you in a PM ;)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 01:49:00 am »

Yeah. I have a newer account that I have run tests on. Huge 1 hour videos I had recorded with just my music in the background. After every upload I would check to see if the limit was put back on. 1 out of 10 times it was. I could never find a common cause. Not a publisher or anything. And when you do an audioswap for some reason that video still counts as breaking copyright, even though it now has either no sound or you replaced it. Go figure.

C. Shawn Smith

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 02:03:13 am »

Yep.  Common complaint on YouTube.  You have to physically delete the video and upload a new one in order to make it work, and even then, if the checksum or whatever it is is the same, you'll run into the same issue (the new video will still look like the old video in all respects, and be flagged).

Some of my videos in which I deleted and stripped audio to use the YouTube tracks got flagged because they had whatever values were in the previous video I had deleted.

On a side note, you can increase the audio speed by 5% or so, and avoid the copyright.  Tested and verified.  For most soundtracks, you won't hear the difference, unless you're very familiar with it.  Don't recommend doing it though, because YouTube has been extra vigilant in their tracking mechanisms, and have caught a couple of mine a few months later.  A temporary solution at best, and could flag your account for deletion, ultimately.  YouTube's mechanisms are great on the surface, and prevents unauthorized use, but it's very Nazi in its nature, and doesn't descriminate against legitimate uses (such as parody).

Jagerbomber

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:37 am »

You can try flipping the video horizontally.  That probably still works.  :P
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P