Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Middle Earth  (Read 91246 times)

monks

Re: Middle Earth
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2013, 09:33:36 am »

Yes, I figured that's what was going on with the google map viewer, and I knew we hadn't used the
geeoref coords. Hobbiton is supposed to line up with Sarehole, Birmingham, Minas Tirith with Florence, Italy. ;)

monks

magik0012

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2013, 05:57:42 pm »

Hi Guys,

Is there a post somewhere that tells you how to get real world elevation data into Outerra?

monks

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2013, 06:24:15 pm »

Hi, I would send Cameni a pm. There's a forum set up here for other Outerra worlds, if that's what you have in mind:
http://worlds.outercraft.com/forum/index.php

monks

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2013, 03:41:15 am »

ok guys, I have a question. I've installed this and it doesn't work for me, there is no option to pick middle earth at the log in screen. I've tried to install it in the default location and directly into outerra but still no go :( Am I missing something?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:50 am »

If you installed it to the same data directory as your earth data, you should see it. Check where the data.cfg in your program directory points to, then check if you have data/medem there.

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2013, 03:50:14 am »

ahh, that makes perfect sense, I'll check that now.
Thanks a bunch for your fast reply!

P.S: Ok I fixed it now and it works! :D Thanks Cameni!
I've uninstalled it and then did a new install and just deleted that ME-DEM dataset folder that installer wants to make when installing, and it works :)

Sweet, now to check out Middle Earth!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:01:52 am by Atrax »

monks

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2013, 04:27:05 am »

Enjoy!  :D We're working on releasing another build of the terrain. We've taken a little breather after the demo release. I'm currently learning 3D Max so I can start to approach getting the various buildings in. My partner uses Blender and we've got a few folks who've offered to chip in and build something.
 We tend to hang out more here these days,

But regular updates will posted here too.  ;)

monks

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2013, 06:19:31 am »

Enjoy!  :D We're working on releasing another build of the terrain. We've taken a little breather after the demo release. I'm currently learning 3D Max so I can start to approach getting the various buildings in. My partner uses Blender and we've got a few folks who've offered to chip in and build something.

monks

Nice one, I really like what you guys have made so far :)
I would love to help too but I'm a complete newb when it comes to 3d modeling and 3ds max. I am learning atm so I can add some cars that no one is adding, like JDM cars (Japanese Domestic Market) and some Fords and other vehicles. :D But it will take time before I learn enough to add working models in-game, since I'm learning on my own and have no one to ask for help  :-[ I don't really understand that grouping thing in 3ds, and what is neccessary to get a drivable model in game, but I'll keep trying.
I'll check your forums too for info on stuff you guys are making.

Keep it up and I hope to see more of your stuff for Outerra in the future! Outerra FTW!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:18:12 am by Atrax »

monks

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2013, 06:43:56 am »

Best thing to do is register on a good Max modelling forum. That's what I did. People are usually pretty helpful.
 I've only imported single object models so far. That's fairly easy. I can send you the info if you want. Yeh, the more complicated stuff with multiple objects- the whole vehicle thing is more tricky. Best place to look is the Importer board!  :)

monks

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2013, 07:19:49 am »

Best thing to do is register on a good Max modelling forum. That's what I did. People are usually pretty helpful.
 I've only imported single object models so far. That's fairly easy. I can send you the info if you want. Yeh, the more complicated stuff with multiple objects- the whole vehicle thing is more tricky. Best place to look is the Importer board!  :)

monks

Yes send some info my way if you can. And I'll check those forums. :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2013, 08:36:07 am »

monks

That are some really great news, holding all fingers crossed for you guys !  ... have you some systematic approach on the world-building or does anyone do some of their place of liking ? ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

monks

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2013, 09:36:14 am »

Cheers Pyton... :) at the moment anyone can make anything they like. After the next terrain build the first thing we'll be doing is creating some very simple placeholder models (boxes) for the sites, so folks have a better visual starting point.

monks

PytonPago

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2013, 09:41:21 am »

Cheers Pyton... :) at the moment anyone can make anything they like. After the next terrain build the first thing we'll be doing is creating some very simple placeholder models (boxes) for the sites, so folks have a better visual starting point.

monks

Yay ... that means, there is a need to bring this stuff to all 3DModelers Tolkien fans and organize settlements/cities building communities.  :)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

monks

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2013, 09:53:11 am »

Yes, I'd rather just use some floorplans of the sites and extrude from them. Set up some primitives. Pyton, do you use Max or Blender? I'm just looking around for peeps to learn from ;)

monks

PytonPago

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2013, 11:02:25 am »

Yes, I'd rather just use some floorplans of the sites and extrude from them. Set up some primitives. Pyton, do you use Max or Blender? I'm just looking around for peeps to learn from ;)

monks

.. well, when i was on middle school, i had an grudge on Max ... doe some school stuff came by and havent seen it rightly (as any other for 3 years or so) so now i tried and i was wowed of the program progress ... so simply - im on Blender. Not much possibilities as in Max, doe simpler and somewhat user-friendly for me. But im just learning again too  :) ... i also have an primitive approach - going trough the most vertices individually (just as the guys that make digital art paintings by going pixel by pixel) so its a time eater, making me go auto-crazy sometimes. (well, i just like hard manual labor work making an effort effect  ;D - and people can know that its my work when they see the bulkyness of my pair of left hands  8)).       ... doe i help if i will know. Thats why we are here.   ;)

... for the project of yours ... i hope i get to contribute too white some hut or area when my little stuff is finished. (i hope no one makes Gandalfs staff or beard to that moment  ;D)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9