Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Middle Earth  (Read 89704 times)

LondonSmith

Re: Middle Earth
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2014, 05:06:59 pm »

I noticed that you guys seem to have certain areas "dug out" where cities would normally be. Are those outlines the intended size and shape of the cities or are they just preliminary markers?

PatB

« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2014, 05:39:40 pm »

You can "Level Terrain" under a selected object ( F7) . But if it works fine for small object, I never managed to level terrain under Isengard, Minas Tirith or other huge models...

monks

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2014, 05:26:03 am »

These are pretty awesome Pat, nice work!  8)  Edoras looks as good as any model I've seen in Outerra. Thanks and I'll take a look at the otx you sent me. Feel free to post on the me-dem boards if you want.

monks

monks

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2014, 08:24:21 pm »

Hi guys, we have an update. Our textures have been improved- mainly an alignment fix, and some improvements
with vegetation distribution. These look now how they are supposed to look at this stage in development. Mordor still has a little snow mind you, but I think you'll agree it's starting to look something like it should. :)

Check out the new gallery here: http://www.me-dem.me.uk/galleries/Outerra2/gallery.htm

Looking ahead now to getting some better data into Outerra; terrain and biomes. We're going to do some development on the textures. The whole northern end of the map needs tundra and boreal forest. There's a few things we need to do...but I think we can make some major improvements quickly.

monks
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:28:53 pm by monks »

LondonSmith

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2014, 08:52:12 pm »

Will we need to take action ourselves to add this update or will it be added on startup?

monks

« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2014, 06:24:24 am »

I think Cameni will be giving everyone the heads up soon. It will be an update with links. ;)

monks

planetsim

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2014, 02:55:43 pm »

Looking up at those 2 kings with the Occulus Rift.....OMG !! http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-2432-1.html

Cant wait for CV1 :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:59:33 pm by planetsim »

LondonSmith

« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2014, 03:02:34 pm »

Looking up at those 2 kings with the Occulus Rift.....OMG !! http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-2432-1.html

Cant wait for CV1 :P

Is CVI going to just be when all the models are uploaded into it?

planetsim

« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2014, 03:08:04 pm »

End of this year is the date thats currently floating around for CV1 :)

By the way, are guys going to use normal mapping/parallax mapping/displacement mapping for details in the models ? Does the Outerra engine support them ?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]