Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Deleting ISS/Change keys  (Read 4856 times)

bezguy

Deleting ISS/Change keys
« on: March 16, 2012, 10:29:16 pm »

Far to many times I have accidently hit '2' and this spawns the ISS station, which unfortunately for me gives me a massive drops in fps. The only way I know of to delete this is to reinstall the program, as I understand you guys have not had a chance to add a deleting option yet (Or am I mistaken?). So for now, if there a way for me to remap the ISS key to something else? So I can avoid hitting it in the future.

Thank you so much for this magnificent engine, it truly is something else, I look forward to future updates! Also, if I may ask, what are the next features you plan to implement?

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
Re: Deleting ISS/Change keys
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:15:28 pm »

If I remember correctly, the ISS isn't a static object (or used to not be at any rate).  If you exit the game and then restart it, it should not be present anymore, just like a plane or heli
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

bezguy

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 05:08:34 am »

Hmmm, that's what I thought, but I could've sworn I logged in a couple of times before and there was a persistent one at the default start, I dunno perhaps my mind is playing with me. Still, is there a way I can remap the 2 key to avoid spawning them unwillingly again?

Thanks for clearing that up Shawn.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 05:19:05 am »

Go to iomap.cfg in your data dir, find insert_object_2, and change the "2" in following "bindings" : [{"event_name":"2"}] to something else (or delete {..})

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 05:21:34 am »

At this time, no it's not possible (although it's a very good suggestion to expose this in the keybinding).  Personally, I'd like to see the spawning of these objects bound to the numpad keys, since they'll be only modestly utilized by the majority of "casuals."

Which, Cameni, brings up the point :).  Can we get them bound to the numpad and/or have them configurable in the UI without unreasonable effort?  (I know at any point that I post a suggestion, either you or Angrypig ((almost never both at the same time)) groan the moment you read it.  "To the desert with you, Shawn!" lol)

*Edit* and of course Cameni posts as I'm posting.  /sigh.  Quitting while I'm behind, and going to bed!  Night all! lol
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

bezguy

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 06:00:48 am »

Haha unlucky Shawn, thanks for the reply though you two. Cameni, I had a look at that before posting, deleted/changed the keys, saved, restarted, but every time I press 2 the ISS just decides to spawn.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 06:30:44 am »

My guess is that you are modifying the iomap.cfg that's in the program directory - that's a template file, your customized settings are read from your data directory.

bezguy

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:11:01 am »

Gah, right you are, I had that folder well hidden for some reason. Well sorry for the trouble, my own foolishness, thanks the reply, and all the best with your work