Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: what outerra needs  (Read 7748 times)

henrikthg

what outerra needs
« on: July 07, 2010, 05:53:00 pm »

Hi  

This is what I see as a must for a simulator engine.
Lets just devide this into 4 groups.

1: is the world engine. Ground, true placing of rivers, water, trees, ect..  This we have seen that outerra is super and keeps getting better and better.

2: Atmosphere.  True to Life.. Lighting, shawdows, clouds ect.  Based on temperature, moisture, pressure ect. The Atmosphere can really make or brake the feeling of a living Environment!!!

3: Physics. Ground and air handling. true aerodynamic calculations. Aircraft engines performances (Use data from Atmosphere engine) Don't know how good the JSBSim engine is !!!

4: Model engine.. Able to handle large poly counts. Hi res textures.. Flying at high altitude you don't see this. But landing at a big airport, taxing to gate or flying low. You just need good ground models to give  the feeling of depth, speed ect.

Henrik

(Would lige to see some more different vegetation, small bush, 3d grass) *S*

But would say WOOOO the next years will be greate for simming ;-)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
what outerra needs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:45:12 am »

Thanks, yes these are all important points.
We will be working on many of these things in the coming months, primarily on rendering different land classes and also wider vegetation support. But atmosphere will be also important, we'll be probably integrating some 3rd party lib for that.

Quote from: henrikthg
But would say WOOOO the next years will be greate for simming ;-)

We hope so ;)

Jon S. Berndt

• http://www.jsbsim.org
what outerra needs
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:25:18 am »

Quote from: henrikthg
Hi  
3: Physics. Ground and air handling. true aerodynamic calculations. Aircraft engines performances (Use data from Atmosphere engine) Don't know how good the JSBSim engine is !!!

Henrik

Henrik,

If you want some ideas on what JSBSim is being used for (or has been used for in the past) see our reference manual at www.jsbsim.org. Click on the Documentation link. I've been doing flight simulation for over twenty years in my "day job", and the other JSBSim team members have similar experience. There's been a lot of thought that has gone into it. I'm glad to see Outerra using it.

Jon
Jon S. Berndt
Development Coordinator
JSBSim Project
JSBSim.org