Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Radeon 3000  (Read 4472 times)

altobeast

Radeon 3000
« on: March 21, 2012, 08:41:33 pm »

i have a radeon 3000 graphics card, and it's not too old it can run terrain simulators, but why does your program keep telling me it's old. there is no update, and i'm not going to buy another one when mine can work just fine
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:17:11 am by cameni »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Re: General
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 02:03:16 am »

It's not telling you that the card is old. It's telling you that the driver is old. Outerra cannot run without a recent driver, and it's specifically true for ATI cards.

It needs recent drivers because it utilizes modern graphics features that many other programs don't, and it allows it to run well on that huge scale (that other programs can't).

altobeast

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:14:20 pm »

no see the problem is is that i have the latest driver too. it's not working, and it's not old... i don't understand. there isn't any update for my driver, and it works just fine

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:16:50 am »

no see the problem is is that i have the latest driver too. it's not working, and it's not old... i don't understand. there isn't any update for my driver, and it works just fine
What card model and computer is it? There are 12.2 drivers for 3xxx ATI cards. If you have a laptop, check this post: http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=705.msg10276#msg10276

altobeast

Re: Radeon 3000
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 10:37:05 pm »

it's a radeon 3000 with the latest drivers that i can find. the computer is a 8gb ram amd phenom ii x6 1035t  processor project.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Radeon 3000
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 01:31:34 am »

If you installed the latest 12.2 drivers and still getting the error, it's a problem with drivers not being installed correctly. It happens with AMD. You need to Did you perform a clean driver installation as advised here.

If you did, please attach your eng.log here. You can find it in your home\outerra directory.