Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: FPS display?  (Read 6043 times)

Tango91

FPS display?
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:46 pm »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'd like to know my FPS while in-game. Is there a way of displaying this?
I've searched but found nothing relevant.

Thanks,

TJ

angrypig

Re: FPS display?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »

CTRL + F12

Tango91

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 06:20:54 pm »

Thanks!  :)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »

This has never worked for me.  I don't know why.  :-\

Nevermind.  It's white and in the top left corner.  :P

Question, is (ufo) movement speed based on framerate?  It certainly seems to be.  It's not like stuttering and skipping ahead like it would if it wasn't.  Having movement speed be effected by framerate can mean serious issues in, say, race time trials and especially multiplayer.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:54:53 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Tango91

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 07:37:46 pm »

I thought PgUp and PgDn doubled and halved your speed respectively?

It took me a couple of tries to see it too...  ::)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

Yes, but that's not my point.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

zuluknob

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 09:30:11 am »

yeh, i was gonna start a thread about this. it does it with the truck too :(
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 09:42:20 am »

Question, is (ufo) movement speed based on framerate?  It certainly seems to be.  It's not like stuttering and skipping ahead like it would if it wasn't.
Why would it be stuttering and skipping? There's a slightly filtered delta-time taken into account.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 11:55:08 am »

I don't know... That's just my experience with online multiplayer games on my old terrible computer where your framerate does not effect your movement speed.  Since I had such a low framerate, I would keep skipping my character forward instead of it looking like my game was slowing to a crawl (like some (most?) single player games).

Anyways, there's a driving/racing game called Fuel, that obviously wasn't really fully completed, but was still awesome.  It made the mistake of having framerate effect your actual movement speed.  So in even the fastest vehicle I could only reach a certain speed until my old computer couldn't keep up and you could actually see the speedometer stop well below the car's actual top speed.  (I have both the PC and PS3 version - didn't have framerate issues on the PS3 version, so I was able to reach the cars' real top speed.)  Anyways, this made it impossible to keep up with with the other drivers in multiplayer on PC, even in the fastest car, because I couldn't go as fast as them.